Author Topic: Exporting To Excel -In pain!!!  (Read 1599 times)

gmr19

Exporting To Excel -In pain!!!
« on: November 19, 2020, 06:06:09 PM »
When you do a profile export to HTML why is the Key Binding category missing!!?!?

I have just bought a Warthog Throttle and Virpil Alpha and trying to rebuild key binding in Elite Dangerous to a brand new profile. This means remapping all the keyboard functions too!

I need to make sure that all the keybindings match between VA and ED, so the VA profile which worked flawlessly with my old stick/throttle/keyboard work with my new kit.

Surely, a copy paste function would make things alot easier for the user.
Any help would be appreciated, as resorting to pen and paper seems prehistoric.

Cheers!   

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Exporting To Excel -In pain!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:15:44 PM »
To which "Key Binding category" are you referring?

When exporting a Quick Reference List as HTML, there should be a "HTML Export Options" dialog; The "Show Keyboard Shortcuts" option can be checked to add a column that lists keyboard keys that trigger VoiceAttack commands.
You can also check the "Show Actions" option to add a column that lists the actions within every command, which would include keypress actions (assuming the profile is not set up to specifically prevent exporting that information).

If you are referring to something other than keyboard shortcuts that trigger VoiceAttack commands (E.G. keyboard keys that trigger ingame actions), make sure that you're not looking at a feature of a third-party product (E.G. if you're using HCS Voice Packs products, their "customiser" may list such an option).

gmr19

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »
Hey Pfeil,

What you have suggested is exactly what I have done. However, the category "key bindings" is missing from the export!?!?!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
VoiceAttack has no sense of what a 'keybind' is, other than the keys that it recognizes as hotkeys.  The export will show the hotkey designation for each command - so, if you are pressing F7 to invoke a command, VoiceAttack will show F7 as the hotkey (labeled as, 'Keyboard Shortcut').

If you are referring to 'keybinds' as the keys that VoiceAttack presses to invoke something in another application, the keybinds actually relate ONLY to the target application.  For instance, if your VoiceAttack command is pressing 'X' in Elite Dangerous, 'X' is an Elite Dangerous keybind, not a VoiceAttack keybind.  VoiceAttack's action list will show this as, 'Press and release the 'X' key' or 'Press down X key', 'Pause 0.01' 'Release X key' or any number of action combinations.  You can see what keys VoiceAttack is pressing by checking the aforementioned, 'Show Actions' option on export - however, that's going to probably show you a lot more than you want to know depending on what your commands are doing.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

gmr19

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 01:09:50 PM »
I must have Covid Brain syndrome...attached is taken from the export 'wizard'.  There is a category called "Key Bindings". All I want is exactly that in excel.

When you do the export, every other category shown in the export 'wizard' is exported, but the most relevant one is not, i.e this Key Bindings data set.

I'm clearly being ultra slow, but I just don't get, a) why you can't copy and paste and b)why it has to be anything more complicated than that. The "Show Keyboard Shortcuts" option does indeed create a column in the output file...it's just that it is missing all the data sets. It's blank despite being ticked.

If I can see it in this format within the application, if I see it within the export routine itself, but that data set is excluded from the export output... then the only option is a bug fix or pen + paper. Unless, of course I'm missing something blindingly obvious!?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 01:30:54 PM »
The reason those commands don't export would be because they all have their spoken phrase disabled (I.E. the "When I say" option is unchecked, as shown by the "(voice disabled)" tag and gray color in the command list).

You need to check the "Show Disabled Commands" box when exporting (as noted in the tooltip for that option).

gmr19

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »
Pfeil - Thank you!!! That did the trick perfectly!!!

alterNERDtive

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 04:56:14 AM »
You also really want to look into using the bindED plugin instead of hard-coding key presses. Right now you have to edit your profile every time your Elite bindings change to reflect that.

Original plugin by Gary: https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=564.0

My updated fork: https://github.com/alterNERDtive/bindED