Author Topic: Voice Attack is Hearing AI Speech  (Read 1350 times)

goofeyfoot

Voice Attack is Hearing AI Speech
« on: November 09, 2020, 07:11:43 AM »
I am using a closed ear headphones with a microphone built-in.

Somehow the application is hearing all of the voices that come from the artificial intelligence. So if the wing man says “armor at 6 o’clock.“ The application hears that phrase, repeats it in the voice window and records it like any command that I would give.

I don’t see how the microphone can be picking up from the earcups because that’s all closed off. I’m not using any outside speakers. Just the headset.

So somehow the cross talk is coming back through the application.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Michael

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice Attack is Hearing AI Speech
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 09:32:58 AM »
Somehow, your headphone audio is bleeding over into the recording channel that the speech engine is listening to.

You'll want to take a look at this thread:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0, and look at the section, 'I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things'.  Make sure also that you have the proper playback and recording devices set in Windows.  If none of what is in that thread helps or makes sense, you'll want to go into Options > General > System Info, click, 'Generate Settings Summary' and upload the generated file here to see if there's anything that can be observed.

The simplest thing to do up front is to try a different headset.  Have you tried another headset?