Author Topic: Global Key-bind for Engine reset  (Read 2088 times)

Laxxor

Global Key-bind for Engine reset
« on: November 16, 2020, 06:17:03 AM »
Hi

I frequently find voice attack stops processing my input. I do not believe it has gone to sleep and a "reset of voice recognition engine" normally clears it.  Unfortunately when flying in a dog fight, accessing this feature on the application title bar context menu is a killer.

Would be awesome to have a global key-bind to allow me to trigger reset from the joystick.

thanks.

Lax.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Global Key-bind for Engine reset
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 06:24:32 AM »
You can create a command that is triggered by a keyboard shortcut, and use the following inline function to reset the speech recognition engine:
Code: [Select]
public class VAInline
{
public void main()
{
vaProxy.Utility.ResetSpeechEngine();
}
}

However, if the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine frequently stops working, that points to issues with the speech recognition components on your machine.

You can try a system file scan, however for more deeply-rooted speech recognition issues, repair-installing Windows using installation media is often the only effective option.

Laxxor

Re: Global Key-bind for Engine reset
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 02:34:06 AM »
Hi Pfeil

Thanks very much for the suggestion!  I will for sure give that a go.  While it is fair to say that my machine does need a rebuild, I frequently fly with someone else who reports a similar issue so I don't think it is 100% my environment..

Looking forward to trying the method in the skies :)

best regards