Author Topic: mouse grid for voice attack  (Read 1100 times)

salep

mouse grid for voice attack
« on: October 24, 2020, 10:27:41 PM »
Is it possible to use `mouse grid` or `show numbers`features of windows speech recognition with voice attack ?

or any other similar method for mouse control ?

voıce attack changed my view of using computer, the only missing part is mouse control, I searched a lot but didnt find a solution.

LeNawax

Re: mouse grid for voice attack
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 02:48:23 AM »
Hi !
So you want VoiceAttack to trigger himself the microsoft speech recognition to show numbers or to use the mouse grid feature ?

For the mouse, you can cheat :
To move your mouse in a command, simply click on the left button "Mouse >" and then "Move".
With the "move to coordinates", you can create yourself the 9 positions in your screen to recreate a grid of 3 by 3.
So with 9 "IF" in your command, you could make something working.

But show numbers, VoiceAttack can't do that, and I don't know how to communicate with M. S. Recognition with third-party programs.

There, one respond of Pfeil about a close subject (if I understood well):

For a full mouse substitute for normal desktop use(I.E. not in games), I have to recommend the built-in Windows Speech Recognition app.

It can click many UI elements by name, or show numbers on top of them so you can speak the numbers(scroll to the "Commands for Windows and apps" section), and it can show a grid onscreen so you can move to a given square(scroll to "Commands for using the mouse").

However, because VoiceAttack and this app both need to use the microphone, and perform actions in response to voice commands, it is not recommended to run them simultaneously. You can certainly try, but things may not work as expected.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 09:06:07 AM by LeNawax »

salep

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 10:01:07 AM »
there is a third party app called `voice finger` it is a super extention  to built-in Windows Speech Recognition app. 
I thought maybe there is something like that for voice attack but It seems there isnt sad..

EricM

• VA user since 2017
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
Hi there,

I found the mouse grid to be too slow and view obstructive for me.

Instead, what I use is a Tobii 4C eye/head tracker along with an app that I built that utilizes the Tobii SDK and receives instructions from Voice Attack.

My setup works great for me.  I can control the mouse using my eyes, my head and my voice.

The Tobii 4C tracker is going for $169 at Microsoft.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/tobii-eye-tracker-4c/8nrkslb6l3m4?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab&atc=true

I found the Tobii eye tracker to be worth it just for its mouse warping feature.

PS: (not affiliated)