Author Topic: Microsoft Office Products fail to launch  (Read 1872 times)

Talisman

Microsoft Office Products fail to launch
« on: October 21, 2020, 12:41:38 AM »
Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Word were working fine in "My Profile" until this evening.  Can launch them manually, no problem.  Get an error message with excel that says "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application"; the Access app displays this message "The code execution cannot proceed because oart.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem".  A second message referencing ivy.dll also appears.  Word and Powerpoint just do not start.  I've updated VA to 1.8.7.  Further, every time I attempt to launch Excel with VA it creates a MS crash report.  Worked 2 days ago and have not used any of the MS programs since then, until today.  Any suggestions?

Works OK for ED.  Some commands are not recognized.  Luckily, VA provides different commands to accomplish the same thing.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Microsoft Office Products fail to launch
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 06:20:41 AM »
Just to make sure: Are your Office applications launching when you use other means, like a desktop or start menu shortcut?

How is your "Run an Application" action configured? Which path are you using? Have you tried setting the working directory to that of the target application?

For recognition, make sure you train your speech recognition profile at least three times.

Talisman

Re: Microsoft Office Products fail to launch
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 12:30:41 AM »
Added shortcuts to the MS Office apps to the desktop. Refigured the command to use the .lnk file.  Added the path to the "in this working directory" field; now it works.  Note: would not work using the .exe file for any of the apps.  Live and Learn.  Thanks for your help again.

Best Regards,
Talisman