Author Topic: Recognition Global Hotkey  (Read 1541 times)

kermitt

Recognition Global Hotkey
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:17:47 PM »
Hi I use voice attack to buy stuff in CSGO Dangerzone. I have the Recognition Global Hotkey as my in game push to talk. When the key is not held down voice attack listens to me. When I push the button to talk to my team mate then voice attack is supposed to stop listening and it does MOST of the time. But every now and then it keeps listening while I tell my teammate "I have 2 health shots" with the key held down, my teammate heard me so the key was definitely pushed, so voice attack shouldnt be listening but sometimes it still is and hears "buy 2 healthshots" that I didnt need so wastes $2000...

Anyone know why it occasionally still listens? Should I set it to high priority in cpu settings? or? If I alt tab back to windows I see Listening resumed / Listening suspended correctly as I press the key. Is it cause Im talking as soon as I hit the button do I need wait a second? Or is there a fix to have it instantly stop listening even if Im already talking as I press the button?

Also in case its relivant I have 2 keyboards. a small 60 odd key gaming keyboard called a T9 which is the one I push to talk and a normal keyboard for typing.

TL;DR Recognition Global Hotkey doesnt always work.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:37:51 PM by kermitt »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Recognition Global Hotkey
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 11:22:33 PM »
Hi, kermitt

You're going to want to look at the option, 'Reject Pending Speech', located on the Recognition tab of the Options screen (try checking the box to see if it helps).

When that option is not checked, VA will continue to listen until you finish saying what you started saying when listening was turned on.  This is generally a good thing for most as users tend to let the hotkey go shortly before finishing what they are saying (this would result in nothing being executed, resulting in a flipped desk/table).  If you've got a noisy environment, VA may still think something is going on, so, the option to turn this off is there. 

If doing that turns out to not be a great fit, the other option for you is to pause a second after letting the hotkey go to let recognition finish up.

Hope that helps!

kermitt

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 01:01:42 AM »
ok, Thanks I`ll try it out

MikeJeffries

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 04:48:37 AM »
Is there a way to map 2 joystick buttons (2 different joysticks) and have it saved? or it will only save one button for the hotkey for recognition?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 11:16:18 AM »
What is it you are trying to do?  Are you trying to map 2 joystick buttons at once (press button on stick 1 and also button on stick 2 at the same time) to start/stop listening or are you just wanting to have two different sticks that can do this?

For the former, you can do this from the setup screen - just push both buttons and they'll appear together.

For the latter, you can only set up one global button combination (Options > Hotkeys tab).  You can have a different combination for each profile that you use that overrides the global setting (Profile edit > Options > Profile hotkeys), but that is also limited to one combo per profile.  If you want more than one way of invoking start/stop listening, you'll need to make a command to support this.  To do this, just add a command and set its, 'when i press buttons' option to your joystick combo.  Then, add a start, stop or toggle listening action to the command (Other > Voice Attack Action).  You can make as many commands as you want like this.

Hope that helps!