Author Topic: Simultaneous key pressings  (Read 933 times)

Buzzow

Simultaneous key pressings
« on: October 05, 2020, 09:08:34 PM »
Is there any way to force VA to press two keys at same time other than modifier ones?
This is the case: there's a radial menu ingame with 8 options that are selected with arrow keys, and everything is fine with up, down, left and right, but I don't find any way to trigger the diagonal ones.
Example:

Press down 6 key
Press Up key and hold for 0.4 seconds and release
Release 6 key

(6 key pops up the radial menu, up key selects upper option, releasing 6 pops out the radial menu).
I can't see how could I solve the situation for top-left (left AND up arrow keys) and the rest of the diagonal ones.
Any tip?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Simultaneous key pressings
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:15:17 PM »
You're already pressing two keys simultaneously; The same technique works with larger combinations as well.

Have you tried
Code: [Select]
Press down 6 key
Press down Up key
Press and release Left key
Release Up key
Release 6 key
?

Or, depending on how the radial menu works,
Code: [Select]
Press down 6 key
Press down Up key
Press down Left key
Release 6 key
Release Left key
Release Up key

You may need one or more pause actions in there, to get all the inputs to register.

Buzzow

Re: Simultaneous key pressings
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 09:48:40 PM »
Nope, none works. It's a very tricky menu and directional keys need to be pressed and released at the same time.
(We're talking about SW Squadrons comm/target radial menus: hold key for radial menu / hold direction arrows to choose option / release key for radial menu / release arrows.

EDIT: Seems I got it playing with some pause actions as you suggested:
Press down 5 key
Press down Up key
Pause 0.5 seconds
Press down Left key
Pause 0.5 seconds
Release 5 key
Release Left key
Release Up key

Now let's see which is the minimal pause time to make the action as fast as possible allowing VA to register all inputs. It's fine tuning time! Thx Pfeil.

EDIT 2: Pause 0.2 seconds seems to be the sweet spot.