Author Topic: 3-4 second delay in carrying out any command  (Read 3221 times)

greyab

3-4 second delay in carrying out any command
« on: October 09, 2020, 02:52:30 PM »
I am giving commands and voice attack recognises the command instantly, but there is a 3-4 second delay between the command being heard by VA and being carried out in ED.

looked through the forum here for anything that may help, and unfortunately, the issue is unresolved.

I have checked VA and that seems to be ok and is set to go the active window.  Checked the keypress time and that in the HCS profile and that isn't unreasonable, I have even tried recreating my voice profile in windows 10, and reinstalling VA and the packs, but the delay remains.

Any ideas, as I cant think of anything else to try.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: 3-4 second delay in carrying out any command
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 02:59:10 PM »
Have you checked whether the delay occurs when using a keyboard key to trigger a command?

Does the issue occur when you disable plugin support and run a fresh profile with a single, simple keypress command in it?

greyab

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 03:32:44 PM »
before I uninstalled VA I removed all existing profiles, so when I reinstalled VA and added a pack a new HCS Singularity profile was created.

If I disable plugin support, the profile doesn't work correctly, so re-enabled the support.

For testing, I'm just using the command to turn the lights on, which is a single keypress.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 03:44:41 PM »
To rule out the plugin causing this issue, you're going to need to disable plugin support (uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, click "OK", click "OK", then restart VoiceAttack).

After that, you'll want to create a new, empty profile, and add a single command that presses the key to turn the lights on, then save and check whether the issue still occurs.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 01:44:24 AM »
please check that the audio settings in VA are using "integrated components"
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

greyab

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 02:20:41 AM »
ok so disabled plugins and created a new profile with a single key press command.  went to elite and that worked instantly, no delay.

ok, also noticed the post from TheThingIs, checked and changed that to integrated components as advised, and that seems to have sorted this out, as there is no longer any long delay.

Thanks for help in sorting this, whilst it wasn't game breaking, it was one of those things that just gets annoying after a while.