Author Topic: Cyberpunk2077 mouse coordinates  (Read 1565 times)

DocBunsen

Cyberpunk2077 mouse coordinates
« on: December 14, 2020, 06:19:55 AM »
Hello Everyone,

i try to write a little VA Script for my Cyberpunk2077 game.
I "patched" my Cyberpunk.exe with a Hexeditor to get Keyboard and Mouse controle on the game.
The Keyboard works fine, but the Mouse or Cursorposition coordinates did not work for me. When i click on "Set Position" the window poped up and gives me the coordinates of my cursor but they do not change right. Any point on my game window has the same numbers(coordinates). So i cannot click on a special point on screen to set the mouse position.

Can anyone help me with this problem or has a solution for it to fix this?

P.S. Sorry for my english its not my main language...!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Cyberpunk2077 mouse coordinates
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 07:32:54 AM »
Certain games use a system that holds the mouse cursor in place, and instead uses the relative mouse movement, rather than the absolute cursor position, to drive the ingame cursor.

Cyberpunk 2077 uses this system, which means it is not possible to position the mouse cursor using absolute coordinates (because the game does not use them for its input system).

You may be able to get the ingame cursor to move by using the "Adjust the Mouse Cursor Location" section of the mouse move action, and checking the "Move using relative data (useful for 3D games)" option

To attempt to move to a given point on screen, you can try first moving the mouse cursor to a corner of the screen (E.G. the upper left corner) as a home/reference location, and then moving a given distance from that position until you reach the desired position.

Note that if the game applies (positive or negative) mouse acceleration, this can effect the positioning accuracy, especially if the game's input system is affected by ingame framerate.

DocBunsen

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
Ok i try my luck with the "Adjust the Mouse Cursor Location" Option

Thank you for the Replay and Explanation!

DocBunsen

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 08:38:26 AM »
I have no luck with it. No command or coordinate seem to move the cursor in any way.

Any other ideas?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 08:44:10 AM »
If you're already using the latest unofficial fix for the game (which explicitly includes mouse functionality), the "Move using relative data (useful for 3D games)" option isn't allowing cursor movement, and you've tried running VoiceAttack as administrator, there is nothing further that can feasibly be done.

The game itself is set up in this manner, which is not something an external application that uses the standard Windows APIs can change. It is up to the developers of the game to implement proper, official support for software input methods.

DocBunsen

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 09:00:08 AM »
Yes i run it VA as admin.
So i can only wait until they fixed this problem with the input devices.

Thank you Pfeil