Author Topic: Using VA with Arctis Headsets  (Read 1175 times)

spetke

Using VA with Arctis Headsets
« on: September 27, 2020, 04:04:52 AM »
Hi!

I have spent countless hours trying to get my Arctis Pro Wireless headset work well with VA. So  far without success.

The problem seems to be related to the headset mic's too low recording volume. Has anyone else been able to make VA work with arctis headsets or is it a lost cause?  The Problem is that probably due to low volume VA intereprets many louder background noises as recognized words with pretty high propability and thus causing problems. While doing the Configure microphone wizard volume bar stays on the yellow area on normal speech volumes.

My previous headset Astro A50 did not have any such problems.

-Petteri

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Using VA with Arctis Headsets
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 04:28:37 AM »
There are a few things you can try listed in this topic

Make sure your speech recognition profile has been trained at least three times, and only with the headset you're currently using (instructions for creating a new profile can be found here).

If the input volume is generally too low even at its maximum setting, you may be able to enable a boost function in the software that came with your headset, or the properties for your device in the "Sound" applet (Ctrl-click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window).

If you have a relatively recent NVIDIA graphics card, you may also be able to utilize RTX Voice, which will attempt to remove background noise (results may vary).