Author Topic: Warthog simultaneous button pushing  (Read 1023 times)

Lawheadrg

Warthog simultaneous button pushing
« on: October 02, 2020, 09:03:12 AM »
I am trying to load a Target profile for communications in DCS. One of the radio channels requires two buttons on the joystick to be pushed simultaneously. How do I program this in VA? When I try it appears to register only one of the buttons on the virtual joystick.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Warthog simultaneous button pushing
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »
What does your existing command look like? What are you trying to make VoiceAttack do?

Lawheadrg

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 10:57:26 AM »
I had initially programmed the radios according to instructions in the Viacom manual for separate Warthog hotas/throttle and everything was working fine. Now I’m trying to set things up so that conforms to Home Fries all encompassing Configurator for Target Script in DCS world. He’s had to make several changes to the button assignments for the radio channels to avoid other conflicts. “Intercom” requires two buttons on the throttle to be pushed simultaneously on the combined virtual joystick. In the VA joystick button assignment panel, one
 one of the button assignments are registered. I can’t tell if it has the other button has been accepted. The text in the joystick  button assignment panel says that two buttons can be registered simultaneously. It’s hard to tell, not like key input panel. Thx.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »
Keep in mind that VoiceAttack is used with many different applications; Explain what it is you're setting up within VoiceAttack itself, what you're expecting it to do, and what it appears to be doing.

Are you trying to trigger a VoiceAttack command when you press two joystick buttons simultaneously?

Lawheadrg

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 04:00:29 PM »
When the two buttons are pushed together, one command starts  VA listening on radio channel 5(intercom). Next push of same buttons stops  VA listening.

Thank you for your time on this insignificant issue.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »
You can use the "Make VoiceAttack Toggle Listening" action for that, though the "radio channel" you're referring to is not a VoiceAttack feature, unless you're referring to using a specific multimedia recording device on your machine that isn't the Windows default.