Author Topic: Sound File Volume Offset  (Read 5523 times)

blueeagle66

Sound File Volume Offset
« on: September 05, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Hi.

Is there a way of creating a command to adjust the Sound File Volume Offset?

I have two of the HCS Voicepacks. Orion & Astra.
The Orion one appears to have been recorded at a lower mic volume.
So if I could create a VA command to raise the Sound File Volume Offset in VA settings when Orion is loaded, that would fix that problem :)

I know you can create a command to adjust system volume etc. But couldn't see any way of adjusting the sound file volume without going into settings and adjusting the slider.
Being able to control this level using a command would be fantastic.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Sound File Volume Offset
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »
There is no action to modify that setting, as far as I'm aware.

Though, I would argue the problem is best corrected at the source; Either by modifying the sound files yourself(Audacity can be used for this), or contacting HCS Voice Packs to see if they're willing to synchronize the audio levels of their packs.

blueeagle66

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 07:11:45 AM »
I was thinking of editing the Orion sounds myself before messaging here.
But realised it would take me ages to raise the volume level of each and every sound.
I will be posting over at HCS.
But an option to control the Sound File Volume Offset using a command would be extremely useful.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »
I can't see adding a full UI to support that, but I can probably work in some type of variable that can be set.

Note: No ETA on this, so don't let this dissuade you from contacting HCS or ramping up the volume on your sound files.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:30:50 PM by Gary »

mIRCon

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 05:01:46 AM »
There is always something cooking in the HCS kitchen. :)
You have probably heard of Singularity?
https://youtu.be/IAvW4GlgMJs

It's somehow safe to assume that Singularity release will probably make all sounds normalized and RMS/level equalized so there will be no need for manual work or change of volume. Hopefully those changes will get into late September/early October release along with many other things.

blueeagle66

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 05:07:54 AM »
Thanks for the post.
I actually hadn't heard of Singularity, and I will be taking a look at that video later.
I think I should make more visits to the HCS website.

Thanks again!

Krittol

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »
I can't see adding a full UI to support that, but I can probably work in some type of variable that can be set.

Note: No ETA on this, so don't let this dissuade you from contacting HCS or ramping up the volume on your sound files.

Hi, sorry for necroing this post, but did you ever get around to doing something like this? I often like to watch movies while playing Elite and Voice Attack is too loud. It would be nice to have the ability to program some button to change the Sound File Volume Offset without having to switch to VA options and back to the game. Changing VA volume in windows volume mixer does nothing (not even completely muting it).

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »
Make sure you have the "Audio Output Type" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to "Integrated Components"; That should allow the volume mixer to work.

Krittol

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 09:15:59 PM »
Make sure you have the "Audio Output Type" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to "Integrated Components"; That should allow the volume mixer to work.

Thanks Pfeil that's fixed that. However it would still be great to be able to control VA's volume on the fly without switching to the volume mixer

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 09:17:59 PM »
VoiceAttack can control its own volume just like it can for other applications, using the "Set Audio Level" action.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.