Author Topic: Issue since DCS update  (Read 2711 times)

ollyk2

Issue since DCS update
« on: August 19, 2020, 01:08:57 PM »
ok folks so I been getting to grips with Voice Attack recently with DCS..

Now, two things have changed today that has meant voice attack ignores my shifty button on my X52 pro.

Firstly DCS has had an install, secondly, I added rudder peddles. Now I cannot imagine why this has happened, but now I have come to fly (actually even in windows environment) comms 1&2 work with the throttle hat (four-way) left and right respectively... But they still work when I shift the function with the joystick pinkie.

Nothing has changed in VA as far as I am aware and I have ensured clutch mode disabled.

Anyone got any ideas?

ollyk2

Re: Issue since DCS update
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »
Oh and quite significant, DCS ignores my commands from VA but that is secondary ATM

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 01:18:28 PM »
For the first issue, could you elaborate a little more on what is going on?  Indicate the steps you are taking, and with each step, also indicate what you are expecting to happen versus what you are experiencing.  This will help folks with reproducing the issue (which always results in a faster solution).

For the second issue, you'll want to look at this thread:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=53.0

Hope that helps!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 01:40:20 PM »
Also be sure to mention whether you're running any plugins, E.G. VAICOM PRO

ollyk2

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 03:14:55 PM »
ah ok folks. Well first everyting worked as expected before the update to DCS today, but the other unknown is the addition of my rudder peddles which I thought might make my joystick behave differently...

so I have a 4-way hat on my thottle (52 pro) and this has a second shifted function that I have set in-game (mapping) for moving the aiming camera.

Within VA I mapped the joystick by going to settings - P2T - (will use a single channel as an example here) double-clicked Transmit TX1 press - hit "When I Press Button" - pressed the HAT left (VA registered as joystick 1 button 27

I then did the same for release, then the same for TX2 using the HAT switch right.

So this worked perfectly, well still does. Except the button seems to work shifted as well (using the joystick pinky)

Now, to test this I just went and tried re-assigning TX1 with pinky and the LEFT HAT, and when I did so it displays
Joystick 1 + button 27 + Joystick 1 + button 6,

So clearly the software can see the button mappings ok. For some reason, however, VA sees any press of 27 as valid whether it is just 27 or 6+27. I do not want it to register 6+27! It did not do this prior to today, and I have suggested what two things have changed today and that is all!

But I guess something more significant is happening due to the fact VA recognises my commands but does not want to push to ATC anymore too but I will retry that when this is sorted as I can test this outside of DCS...

Does that kind of make sense?

Oh and yes I am using VA and VAICOM sorry about that.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »
VA sees any press of 27 as valid whether it is just 27 or 6+27. I do not want it to register 6+27!
That behavior is correct, provided the "Shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down" option is not checked for that command.

Check the "Shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down" option for that shortcut if you don't want the command to execute while other buttons are pressed.

VA recognises my commands but does not want to push to ATC anymore too but I will retry that when this is sorted as I can test this outside of DCS...
That is most likely to be a VAICOM PRO issue, you'll want to contact them about that. Their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

ollyk2

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
VA sees any press of 27 as valid whether it is just 27 or 6+27. I do not want it to register 6+27!
That behavior is correct, provided the "Shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down" option is not checked for that command.

Check the "Shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down" option for that shortcut if you don't want the command to execute while other buttons are pressed.

VA recognises my commands but does not want to push to ATC anymore too but I will retry that when this is sorted as I can test this outside of DCS...
That is most likely to be a VAICOM PRO issue, you'll want to contact them about that. Their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

Ah thank you. I wonder what happened to suddenly remove that option then!

Ok I will check the other link thank you for your help!