Author Topic: Include "Profile Unload" in 'Disable profile initialization commands'  (Read 1961 times)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
For the CTRL+SHIFT VoiceAttack Load Options screen (when launching VA), the option 'Disable profile initialization commands (this session only)' does not block commands set to fire when the profile is unloaded, or switched away from.

It would be really helpful to have either an additional option or the current one inclusive of Profile Unload commands as well as those set as Initialization commands on Profile Load.

Would this be unwise? Not sure if this has been suggested before, or considered.

In my case, I'm letting my initialization commands decide if the next profile is in my profile package family, so Load and Unload is set to the same initialization command(s). Would help for new users when first importing my profile package to be able to switch between them and view the commands, etc. before they decide if they want them to be able to initialize and do their thing, so I thought 'recommend CTRL+SHIFT' but that doesn't stop 'Profile Unload' initialization attempts (and they actually kinda mess up, too, so I can't recommend that and included my own init bypass feature as a workaround - same thing, users hold CTRL+SHIFT to get menu to halt any inits for session).

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Include "Profile Unload" in 'Disable profile initialization commands'
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 09:32:20 PM »
I can add this as part of the load option screen's, 'Disable profile initialization commands' feature.  Probably should be doing that anyway ;)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: Include "Profile Unload" in 'Disable profile initialization commands'
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »
Awesome!  Thank you so much for all your hard work!!!