Author Topic: Star Wars: Squadrons will support VoiceAttack  (Read 1647 times)

iceblast

Star Wars: Squadrons will support VoiceAttack
« on: August 06, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »
Hey Gary, just heard VoiceAttack will be supported by Star Wars: Squadrons.

I was wondering, if there might be a VA version for consoles, considering how much consoles are similar to computers now, and if VA is getting official support for Star Wars: Squadrons, they might help you add it to the console version as well.

I think that would be pretty cool. If you do plan to add it to consoles, I can pass that info on.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Star Wars: Squadrons will support VoiceAttack
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 12:45:53 PM »
just heard VoiceAttack will be supported by Star Wars: Squadrons.
Heard from whom?

Are you referring to the third-party HCS Voice Packs profile for that game?

iceblast

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 01:14:13 PM »
I literally, just 5 seconds ago, found out about the voice pack. LOL

There are multiple youtube channels saying the Star Wars Squadrons will support VA. They made it sound like it was official support.

If VA is being officially being supported, I thought I would ask about consoles. I know Gary said in the past that consoles might be possible, at least, I think that's what he said, and if that's the case, I thought maybe official support might open a door for VA for consoles, or for at least Squadrons on consoles.

I don't play on consoles, but I could pass on the info for people asking if VA will also be on the console.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 01:18:36 PM »
VA should be able to support any game or app - that is, unless the game or app blocks input originating from Windows api calls. 

HCS is leading the charge with premade packs for Squadrons (which I am extremely excited about).

Although the idea of creating a VA port for consoles is not off the table, nothing is being done about that right now :(

iceblast

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »
Oh, so the only official support would be the new voice packs then? I was hoping it was more involved than that....

Yeah, I know you can play most anything with VA, was just hoping you got official support. :) Would have been really cool. Though, the voice pack will help get more people into VA as well.

HCS VoicePacks

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 11:12:14 AM »
We will make something for people to use... That's what we do :).  After all, it is just a keypress.  In a month, we'll see what happens - If it's doable, we'll roll out an entire package on day 1 or 2 of SWS release.  Most of what we require is in place and ready - Just depends what the game has in terms of bindings for both VR and non-VR.