Author Topic: Global Hotkey Suspend Listening not working  (Read 3248 times)

Khalarin

Global Hotkey Suspend Listening not working
« on: July 23, 2020, 07:07:05 AM »
Hi, I've been trying to get the global hotkey to suspend/activate listening to work with no success, when changing it the UI Label on hover over the button doesn't reflect the change until restarted but still no matter what key/combo I set it to it does not do anything.

I've turned off Nvidia experience settings as that looked like it was interfering as it was triggering with the default L.Ctrl + F2 combo but still nothing when set to L.Ctrl + L.Alt + Q same issue with the Stop Command.

Any Ideas?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Global Hotkey Suspend Listening not working
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:29:15 AM »
the UI Label on hover over the button doesn't reflect the change until restarted
That matches the behavior on my machine, however it's a visual issue that won't stop the actual hotkey from functioning correctly.

Have you tried any other key (combinations) for your hotkey, E.G. a single key like "A", to check whether that works?

If you enable the "When I press keys" option for a command, and assign that key combination to it, does the command run when you press the keys?

Khalarin

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »
Hi, yes I've tried every single keyboard key, and many combo's and nothing triggers it.

I have to add a friend of mine in Elite Dangerous is also having the same issue, it seemed to have happened with the latest windows 10 update which dropped around the time we both updated VA.

There's another update pending with .Net framework patches I'll grab it and see if it helps

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 08:52:38 AM »
If you're running any plugins, you'll want to disable plugin support by unchecking the "Enable Plugin Support" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, clicking "OK", "OK", and restarting VoiceAttack; Then check whether the issue still occurs.

Again, do keyboard shortcuts work for commands?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 01:40:34 PM »
I have Windows 10 build 2004 (May update).  The hotkeys have not been an issue since I've installed it (just tried with Left CTRL + Left ALT + Q), and I can't imagine Microsoft would change the behavior of the way hooks works with a Windows update (that would probably destroy the planet).

What antivirus software are you running?  Could that be a cause?

Make sure that on the main screen the keyboard shortcuts icon does not have a red, 'no' symbol across it.

Also, would you mind sharing a screen shot of your global hotkey screen (Options > Hotkeys > Recognition Global Hotkey)?

...and also check command hotkeys as Pfeil had recommended.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 12:53:22 AM »
The latest VoiceAttack beta has a new function within the, 'Windows Misc Functions' action called, 'Reset Keyboard Shortcuts'.  You might want to try adding that to a command to see if it helps out some - I would execute that command after you're confident all other software has loaded.

Khalarin

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 06:14:57 AM »
Hi guys sorry for delayed reply,

Have managed to sort it mostly, I removed all the plugins, uninstalled, reinstalled it with the plugins and the actual keys are now working, the only thing that isn't is being able to say "Stop Listening" and for it to trigger, but hell the hotkey works so I can work with that.

Will try that beta too, thanks for the info everyone.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »
keys are now working, the only thing that isn't is being able to say "Stop Listening" and for it to trigger

Do you have a command with the phrase "Stop Listening" in your profile? There are no voice commands added by VoiceAttack itself; If a command isn't explicitly added to a profile by the user, it doesn't exist.

Khalarin

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 06:22:29 AM »
Yup turns out I had the command wrong, instead of using the Start/Stop listening option I was trying to use the hotkey.
PEBKAC ;)

It's all working as intended now, thanks for the heads up Pfeil =)