Author Topic: VA hears command so repeats it.  (Read 1787 times)

gamesturbator

VA hears command so repeats it.
« on: July 25, 2020, 03:52:25 PM »
I've no idea why this happens with one particular mp3 and not others. The mp3 says "you have been banned from the server" which matches the vocal command I setup exactly but VA keeps thinking I am saying it again so won't stop repeating it. I have others setup similarly but they don't repeat.

I have Windows set up to play microphone sounds through my headset so I know whether or not the VA commands are being heard by my mic. Here are my sound settings:

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA hears command so repeats it.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 04:00:42 PM »
Using "Stereo Mix" or a similar device that plays back all output sounds to an input device as the device for speech recognition is not recommended (quite the opposite).

If you want to use this configuration, set the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window to your actual microphone.

gamesturbator

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:02:16 PM »
Thanks. I kept changing the mic setting in the audio tab but it resets EVERY time I go back to the options. Glad you pointed out that I could change it in the recognition tab. I'm too tired to test this any further tonight but I'll report back later on.

Edit: Yep, changing the setting in the recognition tab worked. Thanks! BTW Why would I not want to use stereo mix vs installing something like VBCABLE driver, etc? I had all kinds of scratching my head moments trying to use that.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:10:19 PM by gamesturbator »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 10:09:05 AM »
Note that I stated "Stereo Mix" is not recommended as input for speech recognition, specifically, as it'll cause the speech recognition engine to hear all audio (including music, ingame sounds, etc...), which it'll try to recognize as speech, in addition to having to try and pick up your actual speech out from all that (similar to using a sensitive desktop microphone with speakers, but even worse).

That said, for playing back specific sounds to an input device, using stereo mix isn't ideal either, as the ingame sound (and anything else playing at that time, like music) will be heard in addition to the sound you're explicitly playing.

VB-CABLE by itself won't facilitate routing your microphone audio to the input device; You'll need something like "Voicemeeter" for that.

gamesturbator

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 12:42:23 AM »
If only there was a tutorial for that somewhere on the internet.  :P I've been wondering why voice attack randomly stopped hearing me.