Author Topic: Voice Attack in DCS Open Beta Not Listening Long Enough  (Read 4143 times)

MightyDawgVUSN

Voice Attack in DCS Open Beta Not Listening Long Enough
« on: May 22, 2020, 03:14:39 PM »
I push my hotkey to give a command and it un mutes mic but mutes it too fast and I am unable to give a command.  It's a timing thing, I am just not sure how to adjust it.   Used to work fine.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice Attack in DCS Open Beta Not Listening Long Enough
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »
Are you using any third-party plugins? If this you are experiencing this issue with VAICOM PRO, you'll want to contact the author of that product; Their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

Otherwise, how is your "Recognition Global Hotkey" option set up?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 03:19:00 PM »
It's possible you've got another command running that is using the same hotkey.  If this is a global hotkey, make sure you try it with a new, empty profile to see if that helps.

Also, you'll want to make sure there's not another application running that may be using the same hotkey and interfering.

Hope that helps!

MightyDawgVUSN

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 03:19:52 PM »
Ok Gary I will look into it.  Thanks for the quick reply.

EagleA25

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
Hey Guys,
I have a similar problem in DCS where using VA after 3 to 5 usages "disconnects" itself and my buttons/keyboard from the program. This did not occur previously and to make VA and my buttons to work again I have to Alt-Tap out and back in... Gets annoying very quickly...!
I use standalone, in VR, with SRS and Teamspeak 3 and mostly fly online...
Any suggestion?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »
Does this occur when you run VoiceAttack by itself, without "SRS" (which I assume is referring to " DCS Simple Radio Standalone") and Teamspeak?

EagleA25

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 07:05:32 PM »
Does this occur when you run VoiceAttack by itself, without "SRS" (which I assume is referring to " DCS Simple Radio Standalone") and Teamspeak?
Hi Pfeil...
thanks for responding...
Yes, it happens with and without, in single and multi player...
I DO use a couple of Bailey's VA profiles, not sure if it could be a factor because no one else is complaining...
I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »
What, specifically, stops working?

If it's triggering commands using the keyboard that breaks, do commands still trigger when your speak their phrases?

Do you use any other methods for triggering commands, E.G. joystick or mouse buttons?

Fang333333

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »
Please read and add to the following thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=272298

In the first post of this DCS thread (started by me) I have a link leading back to the Voice Attack Forums. This link was started by someone else having the same problem you are having. I had the same problem which started back in March after a Vaicom/Voice Attack update. Since then my Voice Attack experience has become unstable with no cure. I have been monitoring this for quite some time and neither Voice Attack or Vaicom has had any solutions. I have Youtube videos in the DCS thread and screenshots of this mess.

Please add to the thread because all my problems started with this same exact problem you are reporting here. It is still happening.

So far you are the 3rd person to report this bug/glitch/issue on the entire internet.

Welcome aboard.

Fang333333

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »
Does this issue still occur when plugin support is disabled?

If so, what are you expecting to occur, and what are you actually observing (in as much detail as possible)?

Fang333333

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 08:34:09 PM »
The latest issue I am having is not Viacom specific. I can start a mission with VA Xmiting (Press Mic button get a response) within a minute VA stops all functions. One second the Mic button works the next it does not. Not only that but all the key commands do not work. It is like VA is frozen but it is not. It just sit's there. I tried switching to a different profile without Viacom with the same result.

I also am having a bizarre issue where VA does not "Hear" anything until I go to the options menu. I do not have to make any changes, just go to options, press ok, and then VA see's the mic. For the last week or so this is how I start up VA. It is a nightmare.

I know nobody will believe me, but I know for a FACT VA/Viacom has become very unstable since March. Its not my computer. Its not my Install. Its not hardware. Its not registry. Its not Windows updates. Its not my many Input devices, it is not anti-virus software, it is not another app or program. It is only when VA, DCS and Viacom try working together.

I have videos in the DCS forum of all of this, I have demonstrated that there is nothing on my side creating this via the videos.

I have been at war with VA and Viacom for several months now and I know my software bugs.

I just really have given up on all of these programs because no-one will submit this as what it is, A VERY BAD BUG caused either by Viacoms update, Voice Attacks update or most likely both. The update was in the beginning of March.

Again, these programs, DCS, Viacom and Voice Attack are not playing nicely with each other. I have plenty of videos demonstrating this over months of troubleshooting.

Thank you for your time
Fang333333

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 08:49:46 PM »
Open the VoiceAttack options window by clicking , on the "General" tab (which should open by default) uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" checkbox, click the "OK" button on the bottom right-hand corner of the options window, click "OK" on "Plugin Support Change" window, close VoiceAttack, reboot your computer, start VoiceAttack, then check whether the issue still occurs.

Fang333333

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 09:04:36 PM »
Thanks crazy eyes Defoe, I tried this many times as of late. Even if this did stop the issue of VA stopping all functions it would only be 1/80th the problem.

Without Viacom (Which in itself is tempting, I certainly have gone through many phases of buyers remorse) there is no fluent way of communicating with DCS in VR. The purpose of the software is to allow VR users like myself communicate with DCS in VR. In other word's, VA is useless without Viacom. That all being said, it doesn't matter because Voice Attack by itself is not fairing any better.

Thank you very much for the suggestion,
Fang333333

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 09:08:49 PM »
Fang -

Can you show me how to reproduce the problem with plugins disabled?  I'd love to get you sorted out, but I'm unable to do so if I cannot reproduce the problem on my end.  Normally if there is a problem with VA, there will be several complaints that tend to exhibit a pattern.  There are lots of folks using VoiceAttack + Vaicom + DCS out there and I'm not receiving any information from other users with similar issues to be able to establish this pattern.  If you can get with other users out there in your DCS circles that are exhibiting this same problem, is it possible for you all to  put together a step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce what you are seeing?  That is, of course, with plugins disabled.  To explain, VoiceAttack has a fairly basic interface that it uses to talk to plugins.  Outside of what VoiceAttack is providing, I'm unable to offer assistance - I have no control over what is going on within another author's plugin (much like a car manufacturer doesn't know what's going on within the stereo you've installed)

On a side note, we seem to keep going in circles here.  You've raised a complaint, the mods ask you to disable your plugins to see if you can reproduce the issue and you continue with the same complaint over again but still without plugins disabled.  This is becoming quite tedious and as such will ultimately cause your account on this forum to be disabled if we can't get just a little bit of cooperation going on.  Hope that's clear.

Fang333333

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 03:07:31 PM »
Thanks crazy eyes Defoe, I tried this many times as of late. Even if this did stop the issue of VA stopping all functions it would only be 1/80th the problem.

My mic inputs right off the bat are not recognized until going into the options.

I have tried plugins disabled. I have answered this. I hope that is clear.  Ban if you must, I have been nothing but polite and a paying customer.

Now you asked;
"If you can get with other users out there in your DCS circles that are exhibiting this same problem, is it possible for you all to  put together a step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce what you are seeing? 

Yes. Indeed I have made many videos, ready to view at any time, online months ago.
Painstakingly timestamped for an easy example of the problems. Granted most of them you will say is Viacom for these 2 examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP1wf2WOxkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAmoN8yiYTk

I will have to make a new video for the Mic mute and eventual "frozen Voice attack" problem mentioned above.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 03:28:57 PM »
Thank you for finally indicating that you've got plugins disabled.  Now, how do things work without DCS running?  Let's try that next.

Fang333333

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 03:41:46 PM »

My mic inputs right off the bat are not recognized until going into the options.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 03:47:26 PM »
So with nothing but VoiceAttack running by itself (including no DCS, and no plugins), does the bar at the bottom of VoiceAttack's main window move before you open and close the options window?

If so, is speech recognized at all, I.E. does you see either "Recognized" or "Unrecognized" entries in the log?

Fang333333

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 03:49:45 PM »
The mic bar has no movement at start. I have multiple input devices I tested this with. This problem has just come up within the last week. I've tried reinstalling deleting everything

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 03:51:02 PM »
Do you have the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation (could help with recognition)" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window checked?

Fang333333

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 03:55:49 PM »
Sorry, took me a minute. lol Negative. Unchecked

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 03:57:49 PM »
Try checking that option, see if it makes a difference.

Fang333333

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 04:12:57 PM »
haha yea it seems to have done something. Just restarted the computer to check. The mic seems to recognize at start. Well thats one thing back at least!