Author Topic: How do I stop VA from rehooking into another Utility?  (Read 1413 times)

Socratatus

How do I stop VA from rehooking into another Utility?
« on: July 21, 2020, 05:05:55 AM »
Hi, new here. Been enjoying VA for a few games for quite a while: Anyway, I`ll get straight to the issue.

I run VA with NMS. I also run VLC the music Player so I can listen to music. I start VLC, minimise it, then start VA, then start NMS (No Man Sky). For a while VA will work fine with NMS, but after about 10-20 minutes it stops working with NMS and hooks into VLC instead, because VLC will suddenly stop working when I call a command, and nothing happens in NMS.

So for some reason VLC is getting VA`s attention and taking it away from what it`s supposed to be hooked to (NMS).

Anyone know how I can force VLC to stay on NMS?

Edit: I have a suspicious feeling that when VLC changes tracks, this is somehow causing it to be focused on by VA, but I`m not sure how to stop that from happening without turning the entire utility off.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I stop VA from rehooking into another Utility?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 05:17:58 AM »
In VLC, open the "Tools" menu, choose "Preferences",  set "Show Settings" to "All", scroll to "Interface", click the arrow next to "Main interfaces" choose "Qt", set "Show notification popup on track change" to "Never", set "When to raise the interface" to "Never", click "Save", restart VLC and check if the issue still occurs

Socratatus

Re: How do I stop VA from rehooking into another Utility?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »
Thankyou very much, it worked. I wondered if it was something like that, but didn`t know the process.

Cheers again!