Author Topic: VoiceAttack Crashing when i try to use my x52 Pro HOTAS  (Read 1516 times)

Marreman456

VoiceAttack Crashing when i try to use my x52 Pro HOTAS
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:57:12 AM »
Hi, so i recently got a x52 pro HOTAS and i wanted to bind one of the buttons to voice attacks push-to-talk but when i assigned it as a joystick the buttons didn't register in VoiceAttack, although they registered in-game. After that VoiceAttack crashed with no explanation. Does anyone have an idea if what i am doing wrong?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VoiceAttack Crashing when i try to use my x52 Pro HOTAS
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 10:02:02 AM »
Did you assign your joystick to one of the four joystick slots using the "Joystick Options" dialog, accessed by clicking the "Joystick Options" button on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window?

Are you running an plugins? Was there any information registered regarding the crash?

Marreman456

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:04:36 AM »
Yes i did. Voice attack crashed approximately 30 seconds after. I got time to open the "test" windows though, none of the buttons would register.

Edit: I have found a workaround by reprogramming the button using the software bundled with the HOTAS to a keyboard event which i then bound as the push to to talk in VoiceAttack. The problem might still be wort exploring though

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 10:52:35 AM »
The problem is actually going to be on your machine, unfortunately.   VoiceAttack is simply asking Windows if it can provide information regarding the selected device.  Through some chain of components, the system is breaking down.  I can provide a little bit more information if you can post the fault info that Pfeil indicated earlier.

Something you can try in the meantime is updating your joystick's drivers to make sure they're up to date.  Next, I would try simply reinstalling VA to see if something got borked up in the installation - the installation is a simple file copy, but whatever is copied could have been broken in transit.  You will probably also want to do a system file scan to see if there are any simple fixes that Windows can do on its own quickly (this is good to do from time to time, even if a problem is not perceived):  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Hope that helps!

Marreman456

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 12:19:34 PM »
Thank you, but the workaround I found works great and I think what you are proposing is a bit too much hassle if I gain nothing. I have no other need for registering joystick input. But thank you very much for the help anyway!