Author Topic: How do I set application audio volume for VA  (Read 4322 times)

joepoway

Re: How do I set application audio volume for VA
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 05:20:34 PM »
Sorry to bother you again but it stopped working at next relaunch and the trick of setting defaults didn't work. Rather then beating my head against the wall over this issue is there a way to have VA launch with 35% volume all the time instead of the 100% as it does now? I tried the "Sound File Volume Offset and TTS Volume Offset" settings but they do nothing either.

This will be my last request I promise.

Joe

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 05:29:00 PM »
Windows should remember the volume setting, so if you set it to 35% in the mixer, that same value should be set next time the application starts.

If the "Audio Output Type" option is set to "Integrated Components", as you indicated it was, the "Offset" options should reduce the playback volume when set to a value below 100

joepoway

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 05:35:19 PM »
The "Integrated Components" is set.
The reason I setup a profile to change VA volume was because it always went back to 100% even after the mixer was set.
Additionally the "offset" values have no affect either.

This is quite perplexing as to why it's only VA that is misbehaving.

Joe

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2020, 05:40:54 PM »
Just in case, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling VoiceAttack, to make sure its components are in order.

You can back up settings and the profile data using the aforementioned "Export Settings" option and the "Click here to browse VoiceAttack's data folder." link that's also on the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window to get to the profile database and its backups in order to make copies of that, though normally uninstalling shouldn't touch either.

You'll want to run a system file scan as well.

joepoway

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »
I'll try that tomorrow and I'm familiar with the profile database and how to keep my 150ish profiles I have created.

Thanks for all the help today this was a tough one obviously.

Joe