Author Topic: Voice attack keeps activating from joystick button click sound...  (Read 1856 times)

Malakie

Hi

I use an x56 Rhino Hotas.   I have setup V/A for use in Star Citizen and lately decided to alter my activation key to the pinky button on my HOTAS stick.  I use a desktop MIC.

The problem is, when the MIC is on, it 'hears' the actual mechanical click of the hotas button being pressed and processes it as if I said 'duck'.   I have tried the 'delay' setting in options but apparently that is broken?! Because it does not seem to do anything.

So when I press the button, the thing processes the word 'duck' and if I wait, I can then issue the command I want, then letting go the button, it processes the release button click sound as well..

Any ideas or solutions to solve this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice attack keeps activating from joystick button click sound...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 08:24:54 PM »
If the speech recognition engine is consistently recognizing the clicking of your joystick button as "duck", you can try adding that word to the "Recognition Prefix Exclusions" list, on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

That may not do anything for the release of the button, in which case you could try setting the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option to "Listen then stop listening after recognition completes", though you'd likely still need a short pause between speaking and releasing the button.

However, note that a desktop microphone is less than ideal for speech recognition, in large part because it tends to pick up lots of environmental noise.

You can have a look at the '"I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things"' section of this topic, but if you have a better (headset) microphone, that'd likely be the best option.