Author Topic: I can't direct input to kmplayer  (Read 1715 times)

user135711

I can't direct input to kmplayer
« on: March 30, 2020, 02:39:28 AM »
I can only direct alt-pgup to the active window. Selecting the title which is the file open or the process name which I get from ctrl-alt-delete process manager nor the executable name with or without *'s on the ends does not direct input to KMPLayer. Why?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: I can't direct input to kmplayer
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 10:04:56 AM »
You can use the "Perform a Window Function" action's configuration dialog to check the data for that window (in the "Active Window Details" section), as mentioned in the "Application Focus (Process Target) Guide" section of VoiceAttackHelp.pdf (press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open it in your default PDF viewer).

If the window has a unique class name, that may offer a viable target.

user135711

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 08:04:17 PM »
Yes, I got both of those from windowspy in autohotkeys and neither worked. Nor did selecting the window title from the available open windows work, so something is wrong with the targeting.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 08:56:41 PM »
Have you tried targeting any other applications (E.G. notepad)?

VoiceAttack uses standard Windows API methods for switching window focus.

user135711

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:13:04 PM »
I finally figured it out. It's selecting the playlist windows and not the kmplayer window. If I close the playlist the keys are sent to the right window. They differ in class name but when I use "KMPlayer 64X" it's not found.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:16:14 PM »
Also, please make sure that you turn on Global Hotkeys for KMPlayer.  They are not on by default.  That way, KMPlayer does not have to be in focus in order to use its playback features (targeting not required at all).