Author Topic: 3 Way Switch  (Read 1416 times)

Paulcoy

3 Way Switch
« on: April 01, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »
Hi I am new to VA (Downloaded it today). I am using it for Prepar 3D v4, I was wondering if it is possible to say "Wheels up to raise, and Wheels down to lower bearing in mind the cockpit switch has 3 positions, Up/off/down Many thanks Paul

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: 3 Way Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 02:43:08 PM »
How does this control operate? Does it have two separate keyboard shortcuts for up and down? Does it stop at either end if you press a key twice?

If you have a keybind for each direction, and the lever stops at both extremes, you can always send two presses so it'll go through the "off" position to the desired position.

Paulcoy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 02:49:41 PM »
Thanks for your reply. The default mode is to press keyboard G with each press it toggles from top to bottom and back up again. Hope this makes sense

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »
You could look into getting data from the sim, E.G. using SPAD.neXt, so you can check the actual state before moving the control (I believe that also allows you to set values directly so you wouldn't have to rely on keypresses).

Otherwise you'll have to try to keep track of the position using a variable value, keeping in mind that if this position is changed using other means (E.G. because the flight is restarted) it'll desynchronize (you'd want to have a VoiceAttack command set to trigger when G is pressed so the position is updated if you operate the control manually).

Paulcoy

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 03:17:20 PM »
Many Thanks Pfeil. Will look into your suggestios  :)