Author Topic: switch profile crash  (Read 2551 times)

Alcyo

switch profile crash
« on: March 17, 2020, 05:55:56 PM »
Hello,
all VA versions
I just have a little problem that I can't solve and having not found a solution on the forum I allow myself to write to you

I have created several profiles for certain games and when I switch from one profile to another while I am playing, Everything crashes the time Reset my action.
If for example I am in movement, the character stops dead during the change of profile and does not start again unless I release and press the key again, even though the movement key does not go through VA.
Thank you very much in advance for your hel
and sorry for the Google translation, I don't speak English very well

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: switch profile crash
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »
When switching profiles, VoiceAttack will stop all commands and release all pressed keys (to make sure none remain pressed erroneously); This is by design.

There is generally no need to switch profiles mid-game, as you can include other profiles you may need into the active profile, and there are methods to disable and enable commands dynamically.
Normally you'd use a single active profile for each game.

Alcyo

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 08:10:31 AM »
Thanks for your help
I use several profiles because it allows me to use the same command or shortcut for different actions depending on the situation.
The same shortcut will make me use single target or multi target techniques depending on which profile is active, which no longer works with an included profile.
Above all the problem is that at the change of profile blocks Keys which are not used in VA But direct actions keyboard to games.
I have the same problem when I try to use the parameter which allows to stop all the macros in progress.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 08:36:12 AM »
Again, that is by design. VoiceAttack will release all keys that are pressed down the moment commands are stopped, including when switching profiles.

If you need one command to do different things depending on the situation, you can use variables and conditions to decide within the command which actions are executed.

E.G.
Code: [Select]
Begin Text Compare : [target] Equals 'a'
    Press A key and hold for 0,06 seconds and release
Else
    Press B key and hold for 0,06 seconds and release
End Condition

Alcyo

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »
thanks again for your reply
I understood all the possibilities of VA and I am far from being able to use them all because my knowledge is very limited.
when I talk about situations, it's situations in the game.
I just saw the condition tool in va, it looks really complete and effective but I don't see how I can configure a condition that will include different situations happening in a game.
I also understood that "that is by design. VoiceAttack will release all keys that are pressed down the moment commands are stopped, including when switching profiles."
but I don't understand why VA is blocking keyboard actions that don't go through him

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
VoiceAttack will not hook/block keys that you have not indicated to be so.  Keys that are hooked/blocked are generally triggers to execute commands via hotkey or are set up to do things like starting and stopping, 'listening' (from the Options screen).  Changing profiles will cause VA to release any keys it has been told to press (as Pfeil has indicated), since moving to another profile essentially moves VA into a logically different, 'environment'.

For the best experience with VA, what you're going to need to do is understand what VA does and does not do.  A great starting point is with the help documentation that comes with VoiceAttack.  You can access the help document by pressing F1 while VoiceAttack is in focus, or find the VoiceAttackHelp.pdf located in your installation directory.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
when I talk about situations, it's situations in the game.
I just saw the condition tool in va, it looks really complete and effective but I don't see how I can configure a condition that will include different situations happening in a game.

Just as you would previously switch profiles, you'd instead have those commands set a variable value.

E.G.
When I say: target a
Set text [target] to 'a'

and

When I say: target b
Set text [target] to 'b'

which can then be combined with the example in my previous post.