Author Topic: slow response on recognized commands  (Read 1332 times)

floggertoo

slow response on recognized commands
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:54:36 PM »
Recently started using VA with DCS World v2.5.5 in VR and on monitor. Unfortunately VA appears to slow the computer response after the first command. It recognizes my commands but I will have to wait 2 or 3 minutes between commands for any action. It also stops my keyboard which I tried to use to overcome the delay. The flaps cannot be set or the landing gear moved by my joystick bindings. But I can fly the airplane with the gear down and the flaps however they happen to be set. If I do not open VA all my commands thru the keyboard and joystick work perfectly. So VA is not useable for me.
Has anyone else seen this and how do I fix it?
My setup: i7 9700k; 32 ram; 2070S GPU; nvme SSD; Nothing is maxed out but the computer basically stops for a couple of minutes for VA to catch up.
Thanks.  :'(

Gary

• Administrator
Re: slow response on recognized commands
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
The only time that I've seen something like that happen, it was a borked up speech profile.  You'll want to take a look at this thread to see if it helps any (ignore the title):   https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=64.0

Are you using any third-party packs or plugins by chance?  If you are, you might want to try running without them enabled to see if there is a difference.

floggertoo

Re: slow response on recognized commands
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:08:52 PM »
Thanks for the response Gary.
I tried your suggestions, and many, many other things, before finally looking at the commands in VA. I found a few did not have a release at the end of the command so the key was being held down and stopping everything. Though I had looked at the commands before I didn’t notice the problem and it was only on a few.
VA is working beautifully now and what a joy not to have to use the keyboard in VR. :)