Author Topic: DCS - Twisting knobs right or left  (Read 967 times)

Scorch

DCS - Twisting knobs right or left
« on: January 15, 2020, 11:14:44 PM »
Hello all, this is my first post.  I'm working on a profile for DCS.  I fly in VR.  In the headset, there is what amounts to a mouse pointer in the center when looking at the panel.  For toggle switches, I have two commands to toggle a switch one position in a given direction.  This is accomplished by left-clicking or right-clicking a toggle switch depending on the direction it needs to go.  This seems to work well as it can handle multi-position or simple two-position switches easily.

What I've yet to figure out is how to handle knobs that are twisted like setting the heading or HSI.  I get a symbol when the mouse is over the knob.  Scroll forward to rotate it clockwise and backwards to rotate it counter-clockwise.  I have a command which scrolls forward 1 click and repeats until stopped.  Having to push the stop button defeats the purpose of Voice Attack.  I'd like to be able to start it scrolling and stop it by simply saying "Stop".  I've been unsuccessful finding this in the manual or via Google.  Please help, thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: DCS - Twisting knobs right or left
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 10:34:22 AM »
Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf v1.8+ page 39
'Stop Another Command'
This option will let you specify a certain command that needs to be stopped. You will
want to use this in conjunction with commands that loop or commands that have long-
running macros. In earlier versions of VoiceAttack, the only way to stop running
commands was to hit the, 'Stop Commands' button. Now you can indicate specific
commands. NOTE - all instances of a command will be stopped, so, if you have
multiple instances of a looping, asynchronous command, calling this will stop ALL
instances.

E.G.
When I say : Stop
Code: [Select]
Kill command, 'rotate [left;right]'