Author Topic: Issue with VA on 2nd windows account  (Read 1343 times)

bikky

Issue with VA on 2nd windows account
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:09:35 AM »
Hi.

I'm having an issue with VA and Elite Dangerous on a second win10 account, and hope someone can help

The PC auto logs in on primary account, VA runs as normal shortcut, and first Elite account, all works perfectly fine.

If I close VA and Elite, then launch from a second shortcut with the runas option and use a second windows account.  Both load fine, and VA voice pack picks up the game is launched and logged in.  However VA will not pick up ANY voice command.  The mic volume bar detects audio at the mic, but doesn't do anything with it, it doesn't give recognised, nor unrecognised words.

I've tried with having notepad as focused window to see if key presses are being attempted but there's nothing.  I've tried toggling run as admin.  I've tried a re-install of VA. I've even set the secondary windows account to administrator.

I've created a simple new profile, put in 3 manual commands (no plugins), and it still doesn't work.

Occasionally (every 30-40 command attempts), VA will recognise a command (the same with either HCS voicepacks or manually created profile), but it has a very very low score (20 or so).  I've tried repeating the same command slower, faster, louder, quieter, bolder, softer, and the results are always the same.  It will very rarely recognise a command anymore while running under the second account credentials.

I've used both Elite and VA combined in this manner with 3 windows accounts and 3 elite accounts for the last 4 years.  I've had a 9 month break from elite, and now I've come back I have this issue.  There's been no re-installs other than the updates for VA.

Any ideas (other than throw out windows 10 and upgrade to win7)

TIA

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Issue with VA on 2nd windows account
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 08:29:39 AM »
Have you tried training the speech engine on the second account?  The speech engine profile would be different for each user.