Author Topic: How do I create Groups  (Read 1370 times)

Kerrygan

How do I create Groups
« on: December 23, 2019, 08:32:14 PM »
I have searched the manual and on-line, maybe I'm missing it somewhere but, how do I create groups so I can file my commands into them.

Such as:

Docking Controls
Landing lights
Landing gear down
Request Docking
Thrust at 25%

Console Panel Controls
Galaxy Map
System Map
Systems Panel
Navigation

I've seen this done on the Kicks file.  Just want to know how to create groups so I can make a clean an organized file.  This will help me not have to scroll through 400 commands to find the one I'm after if I need to add or make a mod to.

Thx

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I create Groups
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 12:13:16 AM »
By "Groups" you're probably referring to the option that groups categories in the command list (you'll see gray headers with the category name in the command list that can be collapsed or expanded).

First you need to create a category by editing a command, and entering a category name in its "Category" field. Then, click the second icon to the right of the "Import Commands" button on the bottom left of the "Edit a Profile" window (If categories are not grouped, the icon will look like a single rectangle).

It is not possible to assign multiple commands to a category simultaneously, so you'll have to edit each command to set its "Category" field.
Note that you can use that field as a dropdown to choose any existing category (though copy-pasting can still be faster than using that).

Kerrygan

Re: How do I create Groups
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »
Excellent, that is exactly what I was looking for.   Much appreciate it.

Kerrygan