Author Topic: Where can I set "Do not allow key to be passed through"?  (Read 1908 times)

pavsko

Where can I set "Do not allow key to be passed through"?
« on: December 20, 2019, 01:15:27 AM »
Please help, where can I set this? This checkbox IMHO should be in the window where the keypress is defined but I do not see it there...
THX

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Where can I set "Do not allow key to be passed through"?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 02:57:30 AM »
It is on that window, for any keypress input (E.G. to trigger a command, or for global hotkeys).

The option will stop physical keypress from getting through to any application but VoiceAttack itself, which can be useful if you want to utilize a physical key that is bound to an ingame action to trigger a VoiceAttack command, without also setting off the ingame action.

Are you looking for this option on a keypress action instead? It does not exist in that context because VoiceAttack is sending a keypress, not receiving it, so it does not apply to that situation.

pavsko

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 06:02:52 AM »
Well, I am not sure if I understand you  :-\
My situation: for DCS simulator I use VA Plugin VAICOM (see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297). I use PTT (Push-to-talk) button on my joystick to use this plugin which sends my spoken commands to the simulator while playing offline. But when I am playing online, I would like to use the same PTT button to control DCS plugin Simple Radio (SRS). So I need PTT button not only trigger VAICOM plugin (do not use it online but I do not mind it is triggered) but also allow to control SRS app (mute/unmute mic). That is why I need the button press should be allowed to pass through VA and control SRS.

EDIT: do I understand correctly that by default pass through is not denied, so there should be no problem to use the same key/button to control VA as well as other app(s)?

EDIT2: Well I really looked to the wrong place as your wrote. PTT button is INPUT to VA i.e. it trigger VA plugin that sends my commands directly to the DCS. I guess the same PTT may be defined in another app and it should work (I will try it tonight)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 04:21:09 PM »
The "Do not allow key to be passed through" only applies to keyboard keys, not joystick buttons.

VoiceAttack will not stop another application from polling your joystick.

By default, the "Do not allow key to be passed through" appears to be enabled in v1.8.3, but again, that only applies to keyboard keys for input.

pavsko

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 04:32:53 AM »
OK, understand. Thanks Pfeil.