Author Topic: No Signal / Mic muted turns on and of  (Read 1264 times)

Speedtrip

No Signal / Mic muted turns on and of
« on: March 01, 2020, 04:37:30 AM »
Hello,
i try to use Voice Attack for Star Citizen. But at the Moment it is useless for me. Sometimes it get my commands and sometimes not. The no Signal (red Mic in the Corner) is on, then for a second it turns off then on again. I  tried all tips here in the forum but nothing helped me out. I have a Razer USB Sound Controller. Perhaps someone else had the problems.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: No Signal / Mic muted turns on and of
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 05:09:31 AM »
Do you have any filtering set up in the software for your sound card/controller?

The no signal icon indicates the speech recognition engine isn't hearing anything (not even background noise), which likely means something is filtering out that background noise, and potentially distorting or attenuating the signal enough to affect speech recognition.

Try disabling the "VOLUME NORMALIZATION" and "AMBIENT NOISE REDUCTION" options in Razer Synapse, if you have them enabled (and any other filters, should they exist).

Also try checking the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation (could help with recognition)" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, if you haven't already.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: No Signal / Mic muted turns on and of
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 09:31:03 PM »
It's been a week and no reply - moving to Ex-issues.