Author Topic: E:D Cannot close panel  (Read 1255 times)

lsitongia

E:D Cannot close panel
« on: December 13, 2019, 10:13:34 PM »
I'm trying VA for the first time. I'm using it in Elite:Dangerous. I have the Cleo voice pack. I'm in VR, in an Oculus Rift.

In general, I've found that when I command an action with voice, looking around no longer invokes panels. That is, I have panels open when I look in their direction. This works great for left panel and right panel. When I say "navigation" and it opens the left panel, I can't then look away to have it close. The headlook activation no longer works. Now, I can't reproduce this for myself right now, because I got into a weird state.

The weird state is that the right panel is open and I can't close it. Often I type the Escape key to close something that's stuck open. That doesn't work. Headlook at it and away doesn't close it. In this state, I can give voice command such as "navigation", and Cleo responds with "navigation" and that panel should open, but it doesn't. The right panel is still open. Having the right panel stuck open then prevents anything else from displaying. I can voice the command to open the star map and Cleo responses positive and the status window for VA says that the command was recognized, but the star map doesn't come up.

It's weird because I can't close the right panel. Escape doesn't close it. I can't figure out how to close it to get control back.

But, back to the general issue: is there a problem with using voice commands and headlook in VR?

Thank you.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: E:D Cannot close panel
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 07:10:57 AM »
For questions regarding third-party HCS Voice Packs products, you'll want to ask them directly via their forum, or their Discord.

That'll also be a good place to find people using Elite:Dangerous with VR.