Author Topic: Erratic push to talk behaviour  (Read 3078 times)

Fish

Erratic push to talk behaviour
« on: December 05, 2019, 07:40:08 AM »
Hi,
After several good push to talk commands, VA will suddenly change to 'listening', and will process all commands bypassing the PTT button completely, requiring me to restart VA. The clip https://youtu.be/rFBHgv8cpFQ demonstrates this PTT is F12. (note it stopped here after an 'unrecognised' command, but it can happen at any time with any command). I attach a sample profile but it happens with different profiles, and whether the PTT is pass through or not. I'm on V1.8.2

Any chance there's a voice command or short keys which alter the listening mode on the fly?

Anyone any ideas.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Erratic push to talk behaviour
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 08:08:47 AM »
Is the "When the hotkey is pressed :" option set to "VoiceAttack listens while keys are down"?

Any chance there's a voice command or short keys which alter the listening mode on the fly?

You can create your own command(s) to do this using the "Make VoiceAttack Stop Listening" and "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" actions.

Fish

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 08:47:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply.....
Is the "When the hotkey is pressed :" option set to "VoiceAttack listens while keys are down"?
YES.

…….You can create your own command(s).......

No help really. Just wanted to know if there was something intrinsic causing it.  Want to keep it simple, PTT, listening only when button down, that's all I need consistently

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
Just wanted to know if there was something intrinsic causing it.

Ah, you meant that as "are there any default voice commands or hotkeys that would interfere with the listening state"?

No. There are no voice commands at all that aren't part of a profile, be it the active profile, another profile you've included into the active profile, or one set as a global profile; Neither is there a key that affects it other than the recognition global hotkey, unless you assign one to a command that does so.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »
I'll take a look into this.

Fish

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 10:35:21 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. I have now tested for this behaviour on my laptop, and I cannot reproduce it. I tried the laptop with my wireless headset, and works flawlessly (at least for the duration of testing), I also tried it on my gaming machine with a fixed USB keyboard, but same effect.

So in conclusion it appears to be related to my machine configuration, and I will research it more. Please don't waste any more of your time with this, as i'm sure you have bigger fish to fry. I am determined to track the cause down, and have started the process of elimination. I will post back here on my findings.

If there's any resources, logs etc which might assist me, please don't hesitate to point me in that direction.

UPDATE: SOLVED
Did a complete reinstall (removed everything from APPDATA and Documents), after exporting only needed profiles. Imported back in and after a quick test shows the issue is gone.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:44:07 AM by Fish »