Author Topic: Joystick feedback when mapping buttons  (Read 5715 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Joystick feedback when mapping buttons
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:55:34 PM »
I feel more feedback toward the user about the way the joystick mapping feature works could help make it more intuitive.

Currently, it's entirely possible to attempt to map a joystick button to a command without having any joystick(s) assigned; I suggest a dialog box along the lines of "No joystick devices are currently assigned, this needs to be done before it is possible to map buttons", which could also take the user directly to the "Joystick Options" window to do so.

Additionally, when joystick devices are assigned but not connected(only if none are connected), and mapping a button is attempted, a similar dialog could be shown to either remind the user to plug them in, or reassign one of them if a non-assigned joystick is connected.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Joystick feedback when mapping buttons
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
I agree.  The joystick feature is due for an overhaul soon.  Some other things that I'm going to do are to make attempts to resolve sticks based on name if the underlying ID changes (kind of like what the new audio switcher does behind the scenes).  Also might make it to where if there is only one joystick installed to just assign it...  gotta think on that one, though.

szeliga90

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
If You will looking in to joystick feature, could You please add option of adding more game controllers? Not necessarily lots, even 4-6 would do :)

Andydigital

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 06:40:27 AM »
First post from me and thanks for the awesome software, just got it a couple of days ago and I'm hooked already and spent even more money on voice packs and TTS voices too, lol. Please though more than 2 joysticks would be nice, I have a Thrustmaster Warthog so that is two devices already and I would also like to get some feedback from my rudder pedals when I push the toe brakes for boost etc in Elite.