Author Topic: Right shift not being sent through  (Read 1366 times)

Incurable-Rash

Right shift not being sent through
« on: September 28, 2019, 10:58:29 PM »
I down loaded the recent beta and the right shift command is not being sent through, I have confirmed that the right shift is working on key board and this it is set in correctly in elite dangerous. I have done a clean delete and re install of the beta and the non beta versions and it is still happening. if I hold down the shift button the commands work.

Any suggestions?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Right shift not being sent through
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 11:29:54 PM »
Although I haven't changed that area of code in quite some time, I went ahead and did a test using Keyboard Test Utility to make sure I didn't inadvertently lop something off with all the changes (you can get that utility for free on softpedia -   https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Keyboard-Test-Utility.shtml ).

I'm showing the right shift is still going through - make sure that you're adding enough time between your key down and key up so that it will register in-game.

Hope that helps!

Incurable-Rash

Re: Right shift not being sent through
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 09:17:15 AM »
Thanks I will check it out but I did in crease the time to .5 and even tried recorded key presses to see if that would make a difference, before I asked here.

So the keyboard test utility does say it going through, so are there any hint as to what I should look at to see what is stopping VA from communicating with the game for this one key?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:43:59 AM by Incurable-Rash »