Author Topic: The Profile Already contains a spoken phrase. Please choose a different one  (Read 2158 times)

zap737

Hi,

I have an imported profile with many multi part commands and when I try to edit one, even by adding or deleting one word, it will not allow me to save it and the message says "The Profile Already contains a spoken phrase xxxxxx. Please choose a different one"

Where xxxxx is a command that I did not even add or change but is one which is present in other commands.

The imported profile runs without problems using the same command in different multi part commands, but when I try to edit one of the commands, it is saying that it won't allow duplicates.

Duplicates are required because the same spoken command appears in different menu items.

Surely this is allowed ?

I have attached the profile.

thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
I assume the commands with this issue are either prefix or suffix commands?

That is a known limitation. Though I was not aware importing did allow this configuration.

zap737

No, if you look at the profile they are not prefix or suffix commands. They are all full commands.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Ah, I missed the fact that the profile was actually attached to your post.

Because of the way that profile is set up without using dynamic command sections, each phrase is unique for that command, so if you edit a phrase to match one in another command, it will conflict and cannot be allowed.

A command phrase must always be unique, as logically the speech recognition system cannot know which command you intend to execute if there are multiple commands matching the same phrase.
E.G. if you're viewing one menu, you can't execute the command specifically for that menu, instead of a command intended for another menu, with the exact same phrase.
To do so, you'd have to provide contextual information (E.G. by setting a variable when you open the menu), so you can have one command for a given phrase that has different outcomes depending on the context (I.E. depending on the value of the variable you set previously, using conditions).

zap737

Yes, but the commands are unique for each menu and since you can be in only one menu at any time, then there can not be any confusion.

Also, why does it run ok when imported without any editing ?

With an imported profile like this, are there duplicate checks made when imported ?

I noticed that the guy who made the profile simply copied and pasted a long string of multi part commands and clicked on OK and the program seemed to let him do that.

So are there duplicate checks when a command is copied and pasted in or are duplicates checked only when editing a command ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
The profile does not include any method for checking which menu you are in at any given time, so commands will send a keypress to the target application, with no regard for context or effect.

There are supposed to be duplicate checks when a command is added or edited, so there should normally be no need to check again when importing an entire profile.
Again, no one command phrase is intended to be used with more than one command, as commands are not exclusive to any given state or mode of the target application; They can be executed at any time, even if the target application isn't actually running at all.

The author of this profile has apparently circumvented the duplicate checks, as certain phrases (E.G. "Fence in") exist in more than one command. In effect, this profile is broken.

Some command phrases will work just fine, however any duplicate phrase will trigger only one command.
E.G. if you speak "fence in", the "item 1" command will execute and press the "1" key on your keyboard; The "item 2" command will never execute using that phrase.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Falcon BMS is not alone in the way that we have multiple menu pages with repeated similar commands.

The way I got around it was to use a large prefix set for each flight member that commands exist for (Wingman, Element, and the entire Flight), where the 4th and 1st aircraft do not have radio menu items specifically.

Then inside each final command, I could tell where the command needed to be sent.  I left many comments in my profile and though some of my methods are very advanced, you can feel free to use it as a way to understand methods for these sorts of evaluations.  It is dynamic in that most variables are preset in the KEYPRESS_INIT command which loads when the profile loads, this way the individual commands can use keywords in the dynamic keypress variable button press names themselves.

Check it out, feel free to use bits as you wish (but if it's for public distribution, and you want to copy entire sections, please leave the attribution in tact --- otherwise, use anything you want, modify it however you want, or not)

I'm a Falcon nut, happy to help out a fellow Viper Driver if you have any questions!  Cheers!

*probably should have said -- the BMS profile I'm referring to is linked in my sig    ↓↓↓

zap737

Thanks to you both for the replies. Semler PDX I will have a look at yours when I get a chance. Thanks again.

zap737

Hi SemlerPDX,

I have tried your profile but I can’t seem to get it to work.

First, I don’t fully understand the set pilots to humans. Can you explain more fully why and how this works.

How would you set up a training mission with you and one AI wingman. Let’s say the call signs are me as Goblin 21 and my AI wingman as Goblin 22.

I tried to set me to human and it asked for call sign and flight number etc and then it a got them wrong and then said operation was cancelled would you like to start again.

And it kept going through the same loop.

I also tried some simple tower commands but no response.

I have set up PTT and PTT works with another profile.

Can you help ?

Thanks,

Pete