Author Topic: Mic doesn´t work (solved)  (Read 3363 times)

Ravelli

Mic doesn´t work (solved)
« on: July 18, 2019, 05:51:24 PM »
Hi, I use VA exclusively to play E:D. I haven´t played for some weeks. Last time I did VA worked perfectly. Today I have tried it and VA didn´t work. I use the mic that is integrated in the cam that I also use for headtracking. it´s worked ok for years. I´ve  checked the windows 10 sound config. Everything seems to be properly adjusted. The Logitech Cam Microphone is detected and on.
I troublechecked using the audio line input with another mic. It worked in other apps, but not VA.
Don´t know what else to try, any help appreciated, thanks in advance
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:57:58 AM by Ravelli »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA suddenly stopped working
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:58:01 PM »
Does the bar at the bottom of VoiceAttack's main window still move? Do you see unrecognized commands in the log?

Ravelli

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 08:52:33 AM »
Thanks for your answer. No, it doesn´t move at all. And there isn´t even that message saying that there´s no audio device, or whatever. Windows audio config says that the mic works normally

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 09:10:43 AM »

Ravelli

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 05:38:54 AM »
Thanks for pointing me to that post. I digged farther and found a crazy issue. This was the process (my system is used in spanish, so I will translate aproximatedly):

- open "control panel"
- click "accesibility"
- click "install a microphone"
- click "cortana can´t hear me"
- select my mic (it´s selected by default). Click "next"
- click "configure microphone"
- in the new window with some instructions, click "next"
- in the new window the bar with the mic level at last moves and the mic works. At that point voiceattack ALSO WORKS!!
- as soon as I close the window with the message "se completó la solución de problemas" (problem solvig completed, or similar in english) it STOPS working again. In the box "found problems" it says "Es posible que sea necesario configurar tu micrófono" (microphone might need being configured) CORREGIDO (solved)

I can´t figure how to solve this for the life of mine. I might have unchecked some permisiion when trying to stop cortana trying to hear me, but the problem solver should have reverted any changes, as it says it did, right?
PS. Ironically I can use this as a far from convenient workaround, as I simply have to repeate the process without closing the last window :D But it´s ridiculous anyway

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 02:02:37 PM »
Have you tried running through the microphone setup for speech recognition, specifically?

Search the start menu for "Speech Recognition" (you'll probably have to use the equivalent term in your language), and pick the control panel applet (not the settings applet):

Then click "Set up microphone" (the second item from the top, with the headset icon) and run through the steps.

Ravelli

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 06:42:04 AM »
I´ve done that. Then the process I mentioned previously happens, where the system informs that the problem has been solved and then when I close that window it stops working. It´s really peculiar

Ravelli

Re: VA suddenly stopped working (solved)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 03:55:44 AM »
Finally found the problem. It´s a windows thing. For some reason the mic doesn´t work at level 100 and has to be set at a lower level (I´ve found 97 is enough).