Author Topic: Fade out for sound  (Read 3059 times)

Malic

Fade out for sound
« on: June 28, 2019, 08:06:52 AM »
Currently we have a fade in option, but it would be a cool ability to when using the "stop all sounds" command, to make it be able to fade out the current sound playing over X seconds rather then a sharp cutoff

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Fade out for sound
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:52 AM »
There is a, 'fade stopped audio' option in the Options > Audio tab, but it's a hard-coded duration.  Is it not working for you (should be on by default).

Malic

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 06:40:47 PM »
Sadly I do not seem to notice the fade out it might just be because of the track I am playing, and it is checked.

What I am doing is adding on to EDDI series of commands that look at the music triggers in Elite. 

So far have been able to get it to stop my current music on Spotify, and start playing Mass Effects galaxy map music when I go to the galaxy map in Elite, and then when you exit the galaxy map, it will stop that track and resume playing of the music on Spotify, but its cutoff is abrupt.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 06:45:08 PM »
Do you have the "Audio Output Type" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to "Integrated Components"?

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 09:41:44 AM »
I know this post is a little old, but I perceive the same thing: the "fade" is seems to be like less than a second (unless I'm doing something wrong).

I do a little programming, so I realize that trying to assign a variable to the fade duration to please everyone might be a bit of a nightmare (maybe not for Gandolf...errr...Gary working is magic).  But at the risk of sounding selfish, would like a hard-coded fade of say 3-5 seconds be possible?

Thanx!