Author Topic: Getting a command to work with huge amounts of numbers  (Read 864 times)

Malic

Getting a command to work with huge amounts of numbers
« on: July 26, 2019, 04:35:15 AM »
I had written a command a few months back that I was using to do quick conversions for human normal weather values between F and C.

My issue now is, because of Elite, I am wanting to add in conversion to and from Kelvin as well, but am struggling on figuring out a way to do this without it creating massive amounts of command variations just due to the wide range of numbers.

Is there an easier way to add in a wildcard that only looks for a number variable without going crazy with creating command variations?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Getting a command to work with huge amounts of numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:08:03 AM »
A wildcard is a placeholder for any and all input, it is not possible to specify which.

The speech recognition engine does tend to recognize numbers relatively well, in my experience, so you could use wildcard or dictation for this.

For numbers between -1 and 10, which are written out (E.G. "one" instead of "1"), you'll want to use the "{TXTWORDTONUM:}" token, which can then be passed into the "{TXTNUM:}" token to filter out anything else that may have been recognized unintentionally
E.G.
Code: [Select]
{TXTNUM:"{TXTWORDTONUM:"{CMD}"}"}