Author Topic: not starting when windows 10 boots up  (Read 1933 times)

f1iceman

not starting when windows 10 boots up
« on: July 14, 2019, 02:04:51 PM »
I have tried the little program elervated start up but still wont be running after adding it to the list.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: not starting when windows 10 boots up
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »
To start VoiceAttack when you log into your Windows user account, check the "Launch with Windows Start" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

If you want VoiceAttack to run as administrator, check the "Run VoiceAttack as an Administrator" option on the "System / Advanced" tab, and you'll automatically get a UAC prompt when VoiceAttack starts.

No other options to run VoiceAttack as administrator (E.G. the "Run this program as an administrator" option on the "Compatibility" tab of the executable properties window, or the "Run as administrator" option in the "Advanced..." options on the "Shortcut" tab of a desktop shortcut)  should be enabled in order for VoiceAttack to be able to start when you log in.

f1iceman

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »
Hi

I had done all that, then ended up with that little programme but that don't start it up either when the pc boots into windows ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 03:28:11 PM »
You shouldn't need any external programs. When you check the "Launch with Windows Start" option, VoiceAttack should immediately be added to the list of startup programs.

This can be verified by opening task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Escape opens it directly in most cases), and checking that "VoiceAttack" is listed in the "Startup" tab.

If you're running VoiceAttack as administrator using a different user account, that may prevent this from working.
In that case, temporarily disable the "Run VoiceAttack as an Administrator" option, restart VoiceAttack (you should see "VoiceAttack privileges not elevated.  Pro Tip - If you are having trouble with key presses being recognized, try running as an administrator." in the log), check the "Launch with Windows Start" option, then check "Run VoiceAttack as an Administrator" again.

Malic

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 01:50:27 AM »
These are my settings for Windows 10 in Task Scheduler that I use for both my game and streaming computers.  Voice Attack is set to run in Admin mode as well.  They start up after you log in to Windows.

I thought that windows did something now that prevented anything with admin privileges from starting automatically, as a"safety" thing on their end.  This task scheduler thing is what I did to get around that

f1iceman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 01:28:11 PM »
Thank You Man.

Should have done that in the first place TBH, I had to that with another not so long back was trying not to do but its just so much quicker i guess than trying to resplve why mine don't want to play ball, was expecting it to be a windows thing as in a bug.

it also reminded me to delete some in there as well i was supposed to do.

Cheers