Author Topic: keypress for the 'Windows' key not working  (Read 980 times)

redbaron101

keypress for the 'Windows' key not working
« on: July 11, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »
hello,

I am using VA to control the PC, on the most part everything works ok, opening various apps, setting volume etc, but when i try to use the windows + L combo to lock the workstation, it just doesnt work when i execute the VA command

Tried windows + L that doesnt work, also tried key recorder and it records the windows + L combo perfectly, it just doesnt lock the workstation when I execute the VA command (otherwise pressing the windows + L manually does lock the workstation) . . .

Any ideas?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: keypress for the 'Windows' key not working
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 06:18:26 PM »
Certain key combinations cannot be emulated in software.

However, you can use the "Windows Miscellaneous Functions" action set to "Lock Workstation" to achieve the desired effect.

redbaron101

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 05:44:16 AM »
Excellent! Thank you very much - works a treat

Do you know if there is a method to comment out actions? While I am still figuring things out and testing different methods, I like to keep the old actions especially if I am trying out the programming actions. deleting them, taking screenshots is getting a bit tedious :-)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 06:16:47 AM »
You can right-click an action and choose "Disable Action", which will keep the action in the list but ignore it while executing.

Two caveats:

You must disable actions that define logical blocks together, even if you replace the disabled action with another of the same type.

E.G. you can't do
Code: [Select]
DISABLED - Begin Text Compare : [something] Has Been Set
    Begin Text Compare : [something] Has Not Been Set
    End Condition
as you can see by the indentation, the disabled action is still considered the start of a new conditional block.

You can get around this by either disabling the whole block at once, or you could add a dummy "End a Conditional Block" action, and disable that as well:
Code: [Select]
DISABLED - Begin Text Compare : [something] Has Been Set
DISABLED - End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [something] Has Not Been Set
End Condition

And, while you can disable or re-enable multiple actions at once, this will not work if you have both disabled and enabled actions selected at the same time.