Author Topic: Bottom of a pop up screen missing  (Read 3253 times)

Razor18

Bottom of a pop up screen missing
« on: July 05, 2019, 10:09:42 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm missing the bottom of "Include Profile Commands" window, so if I select any with the "+" sign, I can't OK or cancel it, and can't even exit this window, so actually get stuck every time, have to shut it down by Task manager. I use 2560x1080 resolution, but missing buttons at the bottom don't appear even if I change resolution, and not even a scroll bar on the right.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Bottom of a pop up screen missing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 10:32:53 AM »
Hi, there.

I'm not sure what is up with your screen - your resolution looks fine.  I'd have to look into it to see what could possibly make it do that.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »
Hi, Razor -   

Do you have your screen set at a scaling other than 100%?  It doesn't appear that way in your image, but I thought I should ask.  That's the only thing that would have a bearing on that screen's size that I can tell.

Razor18

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 12:29:50 PM »
Well, not sure, will look it up. Thanks for attending to it.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »
If you are willing, I've uploaded a build to the, 'unofficial' bin:  http://voiceattack.com/u

Just replace the .exe in your installation folder with that version and see if that makes any difference.

This version is pretty much what will be in the final full version update that's coming in the next day or so (v1.7.6).

If you decide to try it, please let me know what you find (I'm unable to reproduce this on my end using all kinds of scaling and resolution variations).

Razor18

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 01:31:48 PM »
Hay Gary,

thanks for the quick fix. What I did:

1. checked scaling, it was on 110%
2. replaced .exe to try if it helps (without touching scaling), but it didn't
3. reset scaling to 100%, window bottom part came back OK

So it was definitely scaling. I still like it better a bit upscaled, so dou you think there would be any solution to solve it (any time later if not now), as all other window of Voice Attack are working totally OK, just this one is a renegade.

Hats off for the customized problemsolving again...

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 01:48:44 PM »
Ok, cool.  Thank you for the info.  I'll see if there's something that can be done.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 01:55:10 PM »
Razor - one more question, if I may.

Is the scaling setting made under advanced scaling options (where you type in the value)?

Razor18

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 04:28:18 PM »
Come on, you can ask me all you want, it's you helping me after all ! Yes, I typed in 110 manually.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »
Ok, cool. 

What I'm remember now is that 110 is outside the standard scaling levels that VA is set up to use (VA is set up to use the standard/available scaling settings).  What I noticed at 110 is that VA is mushed up in more than that screen - so, what I am going to do is I am going to treat 110 (actually anything from 101 to 125) as 125.  I will add a command line parameter to turn that off so that if this comes as a shock to other users using a custom scaling in that range they can set it back.  That screen in particular is kinda wonky - It's not behaving quite like the others.  With this update, you'll probably notice that it's a little bit spread out on the bottom, but at least the buttons will be visible ;)

I'll post back here when it's ready.

Side note - Upcoming revisions of VA will try to be a little more scaling friendly, so, all of VA will most likely be redone over the next few months (well - that's the goal anyway). 

Razor18

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 04:53:50 PM »
Thanks,

is it OK for me to use the .exe you gave me today, or will there be anything more in it as you go, so it will be still worth it downloading the official release vesion?

THX

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 05:09:29 PM »
I've uploaded another build to http://voiceattack.com/u

With this one, you'll notice that your screens will be a bit bigger to compensate a little more for scaling, but you'll also notice that controls that were hidden before (at the bottom of screens) are now visible.  If you decide that the screens are too big now, you'll want to run VA with the -noforcescale command line parameter.  This will keep it like it was before
 (the profile list screen should be working fine either way).  I would have hated to go to full release with this as a problem o_O

I would definitely get the full release, as that will include all the updates (other dlls).

Razor18

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 02:28:20 AM »
Thanks Gary, but somethings went wrong as there is only a 65 kB file under your link as opposed to a previous .exe file sizes of 5-6 MB.

BTW, what would be a typical load and save time for VA. I have a pretty fast PC (i5-8600, 32 GB RAM, 500 GB NVME), still the loading of VA is a bit slow and the saving when I'm modifying something in a profile and press Done, takes sometimes 6-8 seconds as I can remember. Is it normal, or is anything off with my install? Apart from that it works totally flawless, so this question is not a showstopper for me.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 07:15:46 AM »
What is the derived command count of the profile you're loading/saving? You can hover over the "x commands" label on the bottom left corner of the "Add/Edit a Profile" window to check.

If you have commands using a lot of numeric ranges (many combinations and/or wide ranges), and/or many dynamic command segments, loading may take longer.
VoiceAttack has to generate all the possible phrases that could be spoken, so the more you have, the longer a profile will require to load.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 08:46:19 AM »
Hi, Razor - Sorry about that.  I removed the unofficial version (and all betas) late last night after I had released the full version.

Razor18

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 09:40:42 AM »
Hi Gary,

it says 9000712 derived commands. Is it a lot? I have a lot of commands I actually never use, as this is a very "sophisticated" profile received from someone else who has VA do everything for him. Does it help if I delete some of the unused commands?

Downloaded final official version, sorry, I didn't know we were so close to release, and you are still ready to change it for me ! :-)

Thanks

Razor18

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 09:46:26 AM »
Oh... I deleted a lot of "rocket science" commands, now I have only 55 and it is lightninig fast ! Nevermind ! :-)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »
Yeah--- that's a LOT of commands.  9 million?  I would say that 8 seconds would actually be fast for that many (you sure it wasn't 90k?).  What you're finding is that the speech engine is getting to get a little bogged down with that many items  :D

Razor18

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 02:58:16 AM »
Hay Gary,

I triple checked it, it was 9000712. New record maybe? :-)

No, this guy is a real VA geek. I had had this group of commands, that at the beginning of a multi player session, goes into the server setup, maps up all the radio command in that particular mission setup (as within the radio commands in DCS it depends on the available assets how many commands and has different orders and ranking all the time), and assigns commands to every entry found, that is always the same. Like "VHF AM radio / F10 CTLD / F1 Loading troops /F6 Load Infantry" in his profile is you simply saying "All aboard" in any and all session.

Another is when we time distance from speed, and you can say "80 knots for 13 miles", VA calculates the time enroute and says "4 minutes and 30 seconds", then it counts down silently to the point where it reports back "One minute to go", so you know you need to look out for the Landing Zone.

But then I never used it, because who's gonna do piloting, if VA does everything. So I just deleted them all yesterday, and since then I'm again a happy camper.

Thank you for your excellent support, to be honest, I never used ANY application, where customer support was so effective, quick, helpful, willing and caring !

Hats off !