Author Topic: voice attack not working properly elite dangerous  (Read 3303 times)

cyyoung@cox.net

voice attack not working properly elite dangerous
« on: June 26, 2019, 11:43:18 AM »
ok so I have all installed ,am using xbox one controller and using advanced control pad setting,am using an hcs voice pak,some command work others do not,some like docking request will go through the motions but I get no permission granted or declined,not sure if I  have some setting on the control pad choice wrong or setting in voice attack itself,any help would be appreciated,thanks

Gary

• Administrator
Re: voice attack not working properly elite dangerous
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 11:57:12 AM »
Although this may result in having to send you to HCS for help, if you could elaborate a little bit more about what it is you are experiencing that would be helpful. 

What would be best is if you could outline, step-by-step, what it is you are doing, what it is you are experiencing and what it is you would expect to see happen.  That would help someone be able to reproduce the problem quickly and get you back up and running.

cyyoung@cox.net

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »
well I can use voice attack to do some things,cargos scoop,deploy weapons,etc,ask it to dock and it bumbles through the settings says it sent request but that's it,and it does not actually send the request,what setting should I be using to use a wireless xbox one controller,is there anything special I need to do,does the controller have something to do with it ?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »
If you are using a wireless XBox controller, you'll either need to wait until the next full release of VA, or get a VA beta.  I had to create a workaround for that controller, as the driver does not work with DirectInput unless the app is in focus.

It's outlined in this thread (top thread in the, 'Issues' category): https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=942.0

cyyoung@cox.net

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 01:17:00 PM »
I did that earlier today,still same issue running the beta,did not fix any of my issues

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »
Is the problem with your Xbox controller or is your problem with a command in the profile?  If the joystick, 'hotkey' is working for other commands, it's not the controller.

cyyoung@cox.net

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »
think I have it fixed I did not have the controller as the number 1 joystick