Author Topic: [v1.7.5.31] Global hotkey settings are discarded when disabled  (Read 1727 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Unlike hotkeys for commands, global hotkeys ("Recognition Global Hotkey", "Joystick Button Recognition", and "Stop All Commands Hotkey") have any settings but the actual assigned key/button discarded if they're disabled.

E.G.
  • Click "..." for "Recognition Global Hotkey"
  • Check "Enable keyboard global hotkey"
  • Set a key (combination)
  • Set "When the hotkey is pressed" to something other than "Toggle listening start / stop"
  • Check "Do not allow key to be passed through"
  • Click "OK" to confirm
  • Uncheck "Enable keyboard global hotkey"
  • Click "OK" to confirm
  • Note that all settings but the chosen key (combination) are now back to their defaults.

I checked back to 1.7.3, which also does this.

I doubt these settings have ever been retained, however as the key (combination) is remembered, and the settings for command hotkeys are also remembered when they're disabled, perhaps these should be too.

EDIT: Marking as a known issue and archiving
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:52:07 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.7.5.31] Global hotkey settings are discarded when disabled
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 11:36:02 PM »
Good catch -  Unfortunately, this is by design.  There is only one value for the type of behavior and disabled is one of them - it saved from having to check one variable first to see if it's enabled and then checking a second variable to see what was going to happen.  It was done for performance reasons in an area that I thought might need as much help as possible (a long time ago).  Hope that makes sense o_O