Author Topic: How do I bind macros to the ALT keys?  (Read 913 times)

Mastengwe

How do I bind macros to the ALT keys?
« on: May 24, 2019, 11:23:33 AM »
I’m using VA for an MMO. I have a macro to essentially use a key for multiple skills. However, Va will not accept ALT+[any key] as input.

For instance, I have a skill run where I hit one button and it cycles through CTRL+4, then ALT+5, but when I use it, it does CTRL+4, then CTRL+5. It’s like VA is reading ALT as CTRL no matter what I do. Are the ALT keys off limits in VA or something? 

Gary

• Administrator
Re: How do I bind macros to the ALT keys?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 12:27:56 PM »
ALT keys are not off limits in VA. 

I have one command that when I press CTRL + 5 it executes the command.  I have a second command that when I press ALT + 5 it executes the second command.  Also, if I hold down both CTRL and ALT and press 5, both are executed.  Are you saying you are not able to do this? 

If that's the case, can you export your profile and only include the commands you are trying to execute and post it here?

Xariyl

Re: How do I bind macros to the ALT keys?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 06:17:47 PM »
Are you trying to use one command to run both actions? The timing might be off a bit, my first guess is that your PC thinks CTRL is still being held while also trying to execute your second command. Consider adding a pause between the commands to ensure that CTRL is no longer being pressed when it tries to activate your ALT command.

Another alternative, you can create the two commands separately -- one to activate CTRL+4, another to activate ALT+5 -- and then create a third command that will activate those two in sequence as needed. Ensure the option "Wait until this command completes before continuing" box is checked for each command added. This can be useful if you ever want to use the commands individually for any reason, as well as in sequence.