Author Topic: Reload a browser?  (Read 2862 times)

Gtrshop

Reload a browser?
« on: May 18, 2019, 03:07:48 PM »
I want to be able to reload a browser (ELECTRON, BTW) without losing focus of my gaming window. CTRL +R would do it,not sure where to send the command to.. the brower window doesn't come up as an application when I try to create a new command:

ADD a COMMAND>>OTHER>>WINDOWS>>PERFORM A WINDOW FUNCTION
Electron doesn't show up in the list even though I can see it on the screen.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Reload a browser?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »
If you have the current beta, there is a section of the "Perform a Window Function" window that will display the window title and process name of the active window.

Otherwise, you can use the "{ACTIVEWINDOWTITLE}" token to try and find out the window title of your browser, while you have it selected.
You could also try using the process name, but that doesn't work with browsers that run more than one process.

However, you won't be able to send Ctrl-R (or F5, which does the same thing with a single key) to the window without losing focus even if you do target it specifically. VoiceAttack will give the target focus before sending any keypresses (as Windows expects you to send input that way).

Gtrshop

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 11:55:17 AM »
I have chosen  the " perform a window function" option, but the window I'm trying to reload isn't the current focused window.

Attached pic is as far as I've been able to get, and it does not perform the function I was attempting...

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 12:08:51 PM »
Does that keyboard shortcut work when you physically press it on your keyboard?

If so, have you tried clicking the window you're trying to refresh to focus it, then running a VoiceAttack command that uses "{ACTIVEWINDOWTITLE}" to write that information to the log(is that where you got the title you're currently targeting?)?

If it won't work using a window title, you can try the process name, or using WinSpy++ to find out the class name of the window, so you can target it using that (if it's unique).

Gtrshop

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:00 AM »
Does that keyboard shortcut work when you physically press it on your keyboard?
Yes, no issue with that.

have you tried clicking the window you're trying to refresh to focus it
Can't do that while racing....