Author Topic: Removing corrupt profiles from VA  (Read 959 times)

TwanV

Removing corrupt profiles from VA
« on: May 02, 2019, 04:18:54 PM »
Hi guys,

I have a small problem.. I made a profile that crashes on launch because it's using too much RAM.

That's fine the profile is fixed now but.. How do I remove the old one from the profile list?

Is there a file to access where I can edit the saved profile-list?

Thanks,
Twan

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Removing corrupt profiles from VA
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 06:01:43 PM »
Wow - that's a new one.  I can certainly see that happening though.  Yikes!

How many profiles do you have total?  I was going to suggest just exporting your good profiles, deleting your VoiceAttack.dat file (you can browse to it by going to Options > System/Advance and clicking on the link) and then re-importing each profile if there are only a few.  The only other suggestion I have other than going through your Backup folder (also can be browsed by that link and if the change was within the last ten edits) is to send the VoiceAttack.dat over to support@voiceattack.com where I can remove it and send the .dat back.

Looks like there will be a new option coming to the Load Options screen if this happens to more folks ;)

TwanV

Re: Removing corrupt profiles from VA
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 12:09:47 AM »
Thanks for the quick response Gary, clear, that works. I would love to have that feature though because even when profiles are still accessible it can be a pain to replace them profile for profile. To illustrate Falcon BMS now uses min22-max50+callsigns. Making a global profile of reasonable complexity is not really an option as RAM usage goes through the roof with so many options. A python copy paste find and replace script is easily made to generate a single profile per callsign but with that many profiles to manage it would be great to select multiple ones to delete without first having to load every single one.

Anyway thanks again it's a QoL thing but  I'll manage until that time  ;)