Author Topic: How to open items in the tray  (Read 3431 times)

Agent86

How to open items in the tray
« on: April 26, 2019, 11:43:18 AM »
Window function by window titled will not restore or open any items minimized to the tray

I wondered if there is a command for this.
Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How to open items in the tray
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
Windows doesn't actually support minimizing to tray, instead applications create a tray icon and hide the window(using various methods). Because of this there is no proper native way to restore that window.

Agent86

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 09:35:16 AM »
Windows doesn't actually support minimizing to tray, instead applications create a tray icon and hide the window(using various methods). Because of this there is no proper native way to restore that window.

Thanks, I did actually find the simplest way to do this. I'm not sure if this is something that the application handles or if windows knows that the application is running in the tray already.

If I open the window from a tray item I can close it, but not minimize or anything else.

I can open it with the .exe file.

I don't know if that is the way to handle it or if there are any down side to this but it works for now.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »
That'd be the application itself; Applications that are only intended to run a single instance at a time will often have the second instance send a message to the running instance to pop up their window(to make you aware it's already running), after which the second instance shuts down.