Author Topic: Some default voices not available for VA  (Read 1171 times)

pavsko

Some default voices not available for VA
« on: April 04, 2019, 04:19:27 AM »
I have 4 different voices available in Windows Speech settings but ony two of them (femaile ones) in the old Control panel setting as well as in the VA Profile Options settings (see images). I would like to change my TTS voice to the one of the mail voices... How can I do it?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Some default voices not available for VA
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:38:09 AM »
Those voices are not SAPI5 compatible, as such VoiceAttack(and any other applications using the SAPI5 API) can't use them.

Here is a list of SAPI5 voices; As you can see, "Susan" is a mobile voice. I assume "Jakub" is the mobile voice replacing "Vit".

I see you don't have the "David" voice, which is a SAPI5 US English male voice. Have you downloaded the "English (United States)" language pack?

pavsko

Re: Some default voices not available for VA
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:16:00 AM »
Well, I have English (UK) and so George is available in Windows settings but VA does not offer him in the popup selection menu.

So I have just downloaded English (United States) Speech and I can see David and Mark now as well in the Windows settings. But I neither can select them in VA  :(

EDIT: I have just look into the old Control panels - Speech - Advanced settings and to my surprise David is available there (But not Mark nor George). So I select David, restart VA and now David is available in VA Profile Options. So I have now a male voice in VA.

Thanks for help!