Author Topic: v1.5.9.1 Pre-release Listening to audio while listening disabled  (Read 6046 times)

Nekora

As the title.
Occurs in the following scenario:
Disable mike, Speak, enable mike within a few seconds of finishing speech.

Occurs when using global hotkey, clicking in interface manually or hotkey commands. VA will then try to interpret the entire sentence said while voice attack was not listening. Waiting 5 or so seconds after speaking to enable voice will solve the problem, but i discovered this while using Teamspeak PTT and VA global mute on the same key so this is not an ideal work around. I used mouse back specifically but have tested with other methods of enable/disable VA listening to same affect.

Theorising: Possibly due to the windows voice recognition listening to the entire sentence, interpreting it, which takes a few seconds and then passing the sentence just finished to VA just after mike was enabled. Not sure this is how it works but seems a reasonable probable cause, as i have noticed a delay on some longer commands which may be due to the same issue. If so not sure how to counter it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: v1.5.9.1 Pre-release Listening to audio while listening disabled
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »
This was an issue a while back, but I can't reproduce it in 1.5.9(Haven't tried .10, as that's only about the trial timer).

How many(derived) commands are in your profile?

Nekora

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 05:56:20 PM »
in the test profile i created to narow down the problem. 2. Although i have just removed one of them to the same effect.

Since you can not reproduce it occurs to me this could be a change in the speech engine from win7 to win10, anyone in windows 10 able to recreate this?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:59:53 PM by Nekora »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:55:40 PM »
Have you tried checking the box labeled, 'Bypass Pending Speech' on the options page?  That may be what you are looking for.

Nekora

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:17:31 PM »
yup. Although i assume the option is the one labelled "reject pending speech" ... if not i can't find that one. um lots of things to keep track of as a developer eh? Keep it up VA is still awesome and still getting better, Thank you for booleans, super useful the way im useing to keep track of landing gears etc in my keybindings.

also CLO  -bypassPendingSpeech did not seem to affect it.

Ill play around with it some more and see if i can narrow it down.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 09:09:01 PM »
That is the setting, and what you are describing should be handled by that.  Your theory is correct, as the mic is never truly off.  'Reject pending speech' should keep a subsequent command from executing if listening is toggled mid-sentence, but does not stop the speech engine (the speech engine is left on so you can do things like start the listening with a voice command or do the, 'override listening' prefix thing).

Nekora

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 07:49:01 AM »
Did a clean install, including wiping the appdata folders, have been unable to replicate the problem as reject pending speach option now works as expected... not sure what changed as forgot to make a backup for comparison.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 03:48:50 PM »
That's very strange o_O

Thank you for the update...   Kind of at a loss on that one.  I'll keep my eyes open and see if there's anything else amiss.